MikeyPI

New Concept for Emergency Games

:1046276313_Up_to_something:

Thanks Hoppah for throwing on the alpha since my program hates alphas,

I managed to test a theory that I figured may work for Emergency that may add a new addition to the complexity of the models... I made a Tinted Glass Light that you can see on my truck below in the picture.

The theory is simple, build a light bar's inner guts (led lenses, rotators, whatever, the deck to hold them). build the glass, attatch the glass so that it is the but make sure the first thing in vertices is the inner guts and you'll have a tinted lightbar or light :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Who would've figured this would work for this game but sure enough it did.

:1046276313_Up_to_something:

Thanks Hoppah for throwing on the alpha since my program hates alphas,

I managed to test a theory that I figured may work for Emergency that may add a new addition to the complexity of the models... I made a Tinted Glass Light that you can see on my truck below in the picture.

The theory is simple, build a light bar's inner guts (led lenses, rotators, whatever, the deck to hold them). build the glass, copy it and shrink the copy by 1% making a 2nd layer of glass, attatch the glass so that it is the FIRST thing in vertices and you'll have a tinted lightbar or light :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Who would've figured this would work for this game but sure enough it did.

Sweet! That's what I need in the Tokyo Mod! Rotators Light are still common in Japan. It wound be nice if you can make different kinds and maybe I can use them? It would be very helpful...

If you like to make some Japanese Rotators Lights? I can give you some to do... But they are not easy....

I just used the rotator gumball light because it was simple enough for the test of the concept, a purely arbitrary choice in all honesty. I do not know if I will bother to make the lightbars in the game 3D with the tint due to the fact that it can add to the poly count rather severely if the bar is detailled enough. Right now I am otherwise disposed so I cannot make the lights for you, which is why I left instructions on how to make the process work yourself.

Sweet! That's what I need in the Tokyo Mod! Rotators Light are still common in Japan. It wound be nice if you can make different kinds and maybe I can use them? It would be very helpful...

If you like to make some Japanese Rotators Lights? I can give you some to do... But they are not easy....

Here is a Code3 MX 7000 Lightbar on the LAPD Slicktop for testing purposes, the rotators on the upper tier are animated and this bar has the ability to turn the animation on and off when the lights go out :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Thanks to Hoppah for the helping out with the script that makes this possible and the cursed alpha that did not cooperate with me.

Right now I am not doing anything else untill more opinions come in, the LAPD lightbar is the only one I did at this time, I even just slapped it on top of the slicktop car as you can tell..

The theory is simple, build a light bar's inner guts (led lenses, rotators, whatever, the deck to hold them). build the glass, attatch the glass so that it is the FIRST thing in vertices and you'll have a tinted lightbar or light :1046275747_biggthumpup:

this confuses me. do you just attach the glass to the rotators? and what do you mean by FIRST thing in vertices?

sorry :sorrysign:

this confuses me. do you just attach the glass to the rotators? and what do you mean by FIRST thing in vertices?

sorry :sorrysign:

Models are made of polygons/vertices. The order of these vertices is important to make the alpha layer work correctly.

If the glass parts (with alphalayer to make them semi-transparant) are ordered 1 tot 100 you won't see the rotators, even if you use an alpha layer.

If the glass polygons are the last vertices in order the game will give the first vertices (the rotators) a 'higher importance', so they will be visible through the glass.

I've attached a picture where you can see the ordernumber of one of the vertices of the glass. You can see it's one the last verts in order (nr. 325 of 363)

post-4-1213609485_thumb.jpg

The only problem I have seen about it is without the camera hack you can see the bar tint and the interior of the bar but the animation is barely visible, since the LA MOD is not designed for the cam hack whether or not the animtations are worthwhile is the only area of debate... Yes you can see em if you look for them, but otherwise you probrably would not even know they were there.

See Below for Camera Hack Images:

Models are made of polygons/vertices. The order of these vertices is important to make the alpha layer work correctly.

If the glass parts (with alphalayer to make them semi-transparant) are ordered 1 tot 100 you won't see the rotators, even if you use an alpha layer.

If the glass polygons are the last vertices in order the game will give the first vertices (the rotators) a 'higher importance', so they will be visible through the glass.

I've attached a picture where you can see the ordernumber of one of the vertices of the glass. You can see it's one the last verts in order (nr. 325 of 363)

oh, ok, you just make the rotators and stuff firdt then make the glass around it.

sorry, i just didnt quite understand what mike meant exactly

thx

Could you make a video of them? It looks sweet. and did you mean you can turn off the rotators while having the LED's on? Looks sick though :)

Great work man. Looks cool. Might be a nice idea to replace all/most lightbars in the LA Mod in future versions. :D

What do other people think?

I think that you should add these to the sherriff cars. That would be sweet. And could you make a video?

The way we have it currently setup is that when the flashing lights are on the animation for the rotators is active, when the flashing lights are out the rotators stop. This is scripted so it may be altered, but something like the traffic advisors or flashers that are marked as special lights should work fine as the script is. With regards to a video, maybe Hoppah feels like handling that end, I do not feel like trying to make a video showing off the animation of the lil rotators twirling.

The way we have it currently setup is that when the flashing lights are on the animation for the rotators is active, when the flashing lights are out the rotators stop. This is scripted so it may be altered, but something like the traffic advisors or flashers that are marked as special lights should work fine as the script is. With regards to a video, maybe Hoppah feels like handling that end, I do not feel like trying to make a video showing off the animation of the lil rotators twirling.

Ok. Are the twirls like in real life? Like in Midnight Club 2? The LAPD cruisers in that game have real spinning lights. There sweet :)

The way that emergency handles lights whether or not we can totally simulate the effect given by a rotator remains to be seen, if one were willing to be excessive with the lights I am sure it probrably could follow the rotators around but then maybe 10 computers in the world could handle the lighting effect... You can, however simulate the effect given by rotators with minimal effort, I did not really even try to tamper with the lighting much I just wanted to see how the visibility was of the bar it's self and test the animation and it's script. The rest of the system would depend on your ability to apply realistic lighting to the animation which is not exactly an easy task with the RPM which they would rotate. However I suppose you could make it rather realistic if you put in alotta time.

The way that emergency handles lights whether or not we can totally simulate the effect given by a rotator remains to be seen, if one were willing to be excessive with the lights I am sure it probrably could follow the rotators around but then maybe 10 computers in the world could handle the lighting effect... You can, however simulate the effect given by rotators with minimal effort, I did not really even try to tamper with the lighting much I just wanted to see how the visibility was of the bar it's self and test the animation and it's script. The rest of the system would depend on your ability to apply realistic lighting to the animation which is not exactly an easy task with the RPM which they would rotate. However I suppose you could make it rather realistic if you put in alotta time.

Ok Thanks

Great work Mikey...this game gets better and better!

right you are! i can't even begin to imagine what we would have thought about the game before people like hoppah, stan, mikey and all the others came along to make is like 1000000000 times better!