Newfoundking

Guess the Emergency Vehicle Challenge

It is Austrailian...Now we need the Department

And it does have to do with brushfires.

* on a side note, I have to go play in pep band for a football game, so I wont be around again till later *

Well, I didn't get back from the E.R. until late last night....(the short and sweet version is that a fell about twelve feet down the bleachers and hit my head (which I still don't remember), then rolled another couple rows) So when I woke up every 3 hours I checked for an answer, and still none (except for mike)... So do you need a hint?

It is Austrailian...Now we need the Department

And it does have to do with brushfires.

* on a side note, I have to go play in pep band for a football game, so I wont be around again till later *

Well, I didn't get back from the E.R. until late last night....(the short and sweet version is that a fell about twelve feet down the bleachers and hit my head (which I still don't remember), then rolled another couple rows) So when I woke up every 3 hours I checked for an answer, and still none (except for mike)... So do you need a hint?

Tamborine Mountain Fire Department, Australia

That will do.. The truck is identified where I found it as part of the queensland rural fire service... but you're answer's correct

Wasn't sure if Queensland was actually part of the name, since the urban guys actually had Queensland written on the back of their jackets, and the rural guys didn't.

helicopter_tv_19dec07_210.jpg

just the department's name.

It's american... I know that.. NYPD? hold on... Yeah

The New York Police Department Aviation Unit was founded in 1928, and is considered the first and longest-running police aviation unit in the United States. It is a unit that has transformed over the years from fixed wing aircraft to high-tech helicopters. As VOA's Kane Farabaugh reports, the Aviation Unit is now an important part of the counterterrorism effort of the NYPD.

http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/200...12-19-voa27.cfm

read the URL then searched the date, searched heli, found this, then read the article and found the pic :)

Pretty fast for a first look :)

Now heres a hard one I think, Mikesphotos, I want you to try to, havent seen you in this game in a while :P

I think I am pretty dead on with this one, so I think I'll be safe with going ahead and getting a picture, whaddya think?

Edited by Newfoundking

It's american... I know that.. NYPD? hold on... Yeah

The New York Police Department Aviation Unit was founded in 1928, and is considered the first and longest-running police aviation unit in the United States. It is a unit that has transformed over the years from fixed wing aircraft to high-tech helicopters. As VOA's Kane Farabaugh reports, the Aviation Unit is now an important part of the counterterrorism effort of the NYPD.

http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/200...12-19-voa27.cfm

read the URL then searched the date, searched heli, found this, then read the article and found the pic :)

Pretty fast for a first look :)

Now heres a hard one I think, Mikesphotos, I want you to try to, havent seen you in this game in a while :P

I think I am pretty dead on with this one, so I think I'll be safe with going ahead and getting a picture, whaddya think?

You're right, so go ahead.

:D here's one I found, Lets see if anyone can get it... and explain how you did it :P

This is an older unit, now used for training, and extreme cases... The logo should be a give away, I think it's the only one like it in the world... quite weird I must say

Edited by Newfoundking

Yes, How did you figure out it was St. John's?

Just out of curiousity, the picture itself is only posted in a PDF file... so it isn't easy to find

And it's not like you can get it from the gear, nothing special and the logo is awful small.

Edited by Newfoundking

Yes, How did you figure out it was St. John's?

Just out of curiousity, the picture itself is only posted in a PDF file... so it isn't easy to find

And it's not like you can get it from the gear, nothing special and the logo is awful small.

I was looking through Candaian FD's and found a pic of a FF in a yellow helmet that was labeled St. Johns Regional FD. then I looked up the the department's patch and it looked similar to the one on the door so I guessed that.

take a guess at this one

I want the location and department name, and I took this pic from online so I know it's online, but I will tell you that one of the places that has the pic has the department wrong.

Hint: look closley at the pic, there's somthing that should give it away.