Guest mrman

The dreaded crash to desktop

Guest mrman

I've finally got my hands on 911:first responders and I cant get it to work. I had installed an illegal version of Emergency 4 ages ago and it worked fine for a long time (I was waiting to purchase an english version & was not going to waste money on the german version). Anyways, I had the problem on EM4 too but I thought it would be fine once I purchased a 911:FR. This turned out not to be the case.

The game loads fine, graphics are fine but as soon as I go to call any emergency vehicle the game crashes to desktop. The crash always happens as soon as I click on a tender/ambulance/squad car etc...

I have reinstalled the game time & time again and I have installed the patches incrementally but I always get the same result! If you have seen this problem before or have any ideas how to resolve it please let me know.

Thanking you,

Mr Man :D

I've finally got my hands on 911:first responders and I cant get it to work. I had installed an illegal version of Emergency 4 ages ago and it worked fine for a long time (I was waiting to purchase an english version & was not going to waste money on the german version). Anyways, I had the problem on EM4 too but I thought it would be fine once I purchased a 911:FR. This turned out not to be the case.

The game loads fine, graphics are fine but as soon as I go to call any emergency vehicle the game crashes to desktop. The crash always happens as soon as I click on a tender/ambulance/squad car etc...

I have reinstalled the game time & time again and I have installed the patches incrementally but I always get the same result! If you have seen this problem before or have any ideas how to resolve it please let me know.

Thanking you,

Mr Man :D

Did you make sure you deleted all componets of the illegal game (manually make sure of that, don't trust the uninstall option)?

Have you tried running the game without the patches?

Else upload your logfile next time it happens, maybe I can see what's wrong from there.

greetz,

THijs

As I understood, you don't need to install any patches for 911, as it is the same as Emergency 4 Deluxe, which is already patched, too.

Try to uninstall, remove anything left, install without patches and try again :)

Guest mrman

Hey, thanks for all the help. I've uninstalled & reinstalled it about 6 times today. each time removing all content (from both EM4 and 911:FR). I've reinstalled in different folders and on different hard-drives. With patch & without. In the logfile I see one error:

"?ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!"

and one warning:

"!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!"

If you want the complete logfile i can upload later today. Hopefully someone can help or its the bin for 911:FR!

Thanks

MrMan

Additionally - are you using a laptop?

And, what grafic card is in your computer?

It seems to be a problem of old graphic drivers...

You may also try to search google with "dynlight.vsf" - there already some complaints about emergency responding with that error message :)

You could also try the drivers from this page:

http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/zeropoint.htm

(Catalyst for ATI, Forceware for NVIDIA)

They have been reported to help some users with EM4 and the same problem as you have.

Hey, thanks for all the help. I've uninstalled & reinstalled it about 6 times today. each time removing all content (from both EM4 and 911:FR). I've reinstalled in different folders and on different hard-drives. With patch & without. In the logfile I see one error:

"?ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!"

and one warning:

"!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!"

If you want the complete logfile i can upload later today. Hopefully someone can help or its the bin for 911:FR!

Thanks

MrMan

Ok If I understand correctly you are reinstalling both games? Try uninstalling and only installing 911:FR. I know from personal experince that Em4 and 911 do not play well together on the same system. I my wife original got EM4 for me and then I got 911 later when it came out.