Guest lala

Chaning vehicle skins

Hi.

I have seen some threads about this already but I can't seem to understand very well, I am sorry for making another topic but I am wondering, I need zmodeler to change a car and the skin right? Isn't there any other tutorials beside the current ones? A bit easier to read and easier explained? :)

All I want do is to take like, the ambulance, and change the skins with different colors for now, maybe add some other small stuff but that I can work around with later.

Thanks.

Guest CrazyLion425
Hi.

I have seen some threads about this already but I can't seem to understand very well, I am sorry for making another topic but I am wondering, I need zmodeler to change a car and the skin right? Isn't there any other tutorials beside the current ones? A bit easier to read and easier explained? :)

All I want do is to take like, the ambulance, and change the skins with different colors for now, maybe add some other small stuff but that I can work around with later.

Thanks.

You do NOT need Zmodeler to re skin something... All you need is a program like Photoshop. You have to go and find the .dds file for the vehicles and edit it. To model a NEW vehicle you need zmodeler.

Guest ZooChase
You do NOT need Zmodeler to re skin something... All you need is a program like Photoshop. You have to go and find the .dds file for the vehicles and edit it. To model a NEW vehicle you need zmodeler.

Don't you have to use something to convert the DDS file to a different format?

Guest CrazyLion425
Hi, thanks for your responses.

One question, how can I find the current "images", change them around and reapply? Is that even possible?

thanks so much again!

The .dds files for vehicles are in the Model folder. For the original game it is in: Data ~~> Models ~~> Vehicles the .dds files then they are in each of the folders in that directory. Or if your looking for a Mod's .dds files you can find those in... Mods ~~> (Mod Name) ~~~> Models ~~> Vehicles and they are in the sub folders in there. Hope that Helps.

Once you find the file double click or drag them into photoshop or whatever program your going to use edit them there, Then save them and they will be changed.

Awesome, thanks for your help. I am going to start messing around with this as soon as I finish some of my tests that I have in school, in around two weeks sadly :(

Thanks though for all your help! :)

The .dds files for vehicles are in the Model folder. For the original game it is in: Data ~~> Models ~~> Vehicles the .dds files then they are in each of the folders in that directory. Or if your looking for a Mod's .dds files you can find those in... Mods ~~> (Mod Name) ~~~> Models ~~> Vehicles and they are in the sub folders in there. Hope that Helps.

Once you find the file double click or drag them into photoshop or whatever program your going to use edit them there, Then save them and they will be changed.

I try the same thing with the normal game. I think it didn't work.. I saw them same skin as before. Is there any else I must do? I like to test some repainted skins.

Damn. This was harder than expected. It's so hard to put new "looks" on a car :l Anyone have any tips? Any special programs? Special way? Thanks.

try to follow the special tutorial about UV mapping from Hoppah

Guest folkestone
Hi, thanks for your responses.

One question, how can I find the current "images", change them around and reapply? Is that even possible?

thanks so much again!

try goin on my computer then promgram files then sixteen tons entertament then go on mods file then selcet wotever mod u want then go 2 modals then wot ever folder like firedeptment then select a modal and right click it then scroll down 2 to the opecion ,open with , and click open with then selceted paint and u will be able hopefuly reskin the modal

s

what? from what I could make out of that(spelling?!), those instructions incorrect..

To edit DDS files, you need either a DDS converter or a plugin for a program such as photoshop or GIMP to edit DDS files... Normal MS Paint cannot open DDS files.

On a side note, please use correct english here, the TOS state to use english here, plus the fact that no on e will tak eyou seriously if they have to struggle to read your message...

-Newfoundking

Guest fireguynh1984

maybe you guys can help me...

i went into editor, and selected the file after unpacking it so i can change it to a .dds file. i then used a converter program to change it to a bitmap, but it still will not open in a paint program to change the skin... can someone please kinda hold my hand through this process. i am very good with computers, but this is very new to me, but i really want to do it.

thanks

-Jay

maybe you guys can help me...

i went into editor, and selected the file after unpacking it so i can change it to a .dds file. i then used a converter program to change it to a bitmap, but it still will not open in a paint program to change the skin... can someone please kinda hold my hand through this process. i am very good with computers, but this is very new to me, but i really want to do it.

thanks

-Jay

You can't change files to a dds file, you can only change a .dds file into a workable format and then back to a .dds file. You can't change the files from the editor so you can change them in paint. You can however use the underground textures from our download database (those are already in JPEG format).

greetz,

Guest fireguynh1984
You can't change files to a dds file, you can only change a .dds file into a workable format and then back to a .dds file. You can't change the files from the editor so you can change them in paint. You can however use the underground textures from our download database (those are already in JPEG format).

greetz,

I aprechate the help, but where can i find these underground files? i looked and can not locate them

thank you

Guest fireguynh1984
Downloads (top right hand corner) --> Modding --> Textures

I see that these are mods for the landscaping. I would like to reskin trucks and ambulances for my personal use. It is this that i am having problems.

thank you

I see that these are mods for the landscaping. I would like to reskin trucks and ambulances for my personal use. It is this that i am having problems.

thank you

aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

In that case go to this folder: Emergency 4\Data\Models\Vehicles and select the category of vehicles you want to mod (e.g. ambulance, TEC etc.) When you open that folder you will see .dds files with the name of the vehicles in front of them. let's see you ant to reskin the itw from the ambulance department.

Copy the file itw.dds to another folder (e.g. my documents) and also make a back up copy (e.g. on the desktop). Now start the dds converter and select one copy of itw.dds, select .jpg or .bmp as wanted format and press convert. You can now open the skin with paint or photoshop etc. and change it into whatever you want.

When your done save the file and start up the dds converter again. Now convert the file back to .dds format. Paste it in the Emergency 4\Data\Models\Vehicles\Ambulance folder and if the game asks if it needs to overwrite files, click yes.

greetz,