Shutxdwn

HELP NEEDED TO CREATE MOD!!

Hello!

Im a Portuguese 17 yo guy.

And since my 10 years that I Played Emergency 4.

From months ago ive been learning doing mods to em4 but everytime it gets everything worng. i would need help from everybody. Ill say the truth: i dont know nothing abt mods (just know a file called z modeler to model the car but dont know how it worked), so i need help to mod, i would need people to come and help me make my dream mod on that game. I wanna make mod of my city. Called Portalegre. I have some cars to use on it: 

VFCI-08 BV PORTALEGRE

bombeiros-Portalegre-390x220.jpg.bf822e726b6403f958204d7c738aefa6.jpg

VFCI 06 BV PORTALEGRE

1201-VFCI6.jpg.17c7cf3eea1e892621230ffe3d74477f.jpg

VUCI 07 BV PORTALEGRE

Imagem1708.jpg.eb0d56fd4fe4fe0d77ae2373b9e1256a.jpg

VRCI 03 BV PORTALEGRE

Imagem1706.jpg.5e8cc349d6167a278d653af00fe1a2bb.jpg

VSAT 01 BV PORTALEGRE (old name was VSS)

Portalegre-VSAT1.jpg.2abe79e55b781e79b9bff8ff0fc3793e.jpg

VFCI 05 BV PORTALEGRE

Imagem1703.jpg.89d45db23a372dfea28c235731c6ac8e.jpg

VFCI 01 BV PORTALEGRE

Imagem1702.jpg.d9cfc0731f3c9f15255b04f4551fb7fc.jpg

VLCI 04 (ITS NOW A VTTP) BV PORTALEGRE

BV_Portalegre8.jpg.b4a1a994152b739b270c8dbbb69dda4c.jpg

ABSC 02 (Old Car but ill use it ON MOD) BV PORTALEGRE

BV_Portalegre6.jpg.86ad1935be891dc5fe5c4545830fbc7f.jpg

ABTD 01 (not working anymore but using it) BV PORTALEGRE

BV_Portalegre1.jpg.f27b074319b128c2c45676b947920da8.jpg

ABTD 08 (old car too) BV PORTALEGRE

BV_Portalegre4.jpg.af873d2e930515cb04e0c6d1704244e3.jpg

Later ill be taking pictures of the cars to add more, and wanna ad more cars of others stations.

For now i wanna just mod the cars to the game, and later i will create the map (whit help)

If someone can help me do it pls coment here.

Ty!

And good year and nice christmas everybody!!

Congrats on starting your first mod and getting into the skillset of modding!

My first big peice of advice, there are hundreds of posts like this on the forums and only a handful of modders that are even around. Ive been here since 2007 and this has ALWAYS been the case. Making a post like this probably wont garner much help, especially because the mod design you have is kind of the same as many others except for the models. If you want to try to recruit people to help, try pitching an idea or concept that HASNT been done before or submit a mod idea that is different from whats out there.

My Second peice of advice is keep practicing and trying and failing. So many nights I spent trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with my modding and eventually figuring it out. THATS how all of us learned back in the day. I literally have emails still from itchboy and mikeypi on different scripts and concepts we were working on. Keep trying and dont give up. Ultimately, you are the only one who will really be invested in this mod and you can become a modder with the rest of us...just keep at it.

I believe in you!

On 12/27/2023 at 6:22 AM, helljumper51 said:

Congrats on starting your first mod and getting into the skillset of modding!

My first big peice of advice, there are hundreds of posts like this on the forums and only a handful of modders that are even around. Ive been here since 2007 and this has ALWAYS been the case. Making a post like this probably wont garner much help, especially because the mod design you have is kind of the same as many others except for the models. If you want to try to recruit people to help, try pitching an idea or concept that HASNT been done before or submit a mod idea that is different from whats out there.

My Second peice of advice is keep practicing and trying and failing. So many nights I spent trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with my modding and eventually figuring it out. THATS how all of us learned back in the day. I literally have emails still from itchboy and mikeypi on different scripts and concepts we were working on. Keep trying and dont give up. Ultimately, you are the only one who will really be invested in this mod and you can become a modder with the rest of us...just keep at it.

I believe in you!

Im thankfull for these advices!!

I will start working on the mod, in the next year.

Ty for it!

My advice. Focus on a skillset. I would say making models for starters but if you're like me, I focused more on scripting. To each their own. Visual art wasn't my strength. Just be prepared to take initiative and ask questions, but be prepared for more of a lesson in catching fish then being handed a fish. Focus and stay determined! 

Hi from the other part of the Iberian Peninsula.

A good start could be finding some of those vehicle models in other European mods and retexturing them (asking for permission and giving proper credits if you want to make the mod public or showcase it). And if you want to script, then you should learn at least the basics of C++ and take a look at the SDK found here https://em-hub.de/lexicon/lexicon/38-sdk/

Good luck.