Biscaia112

Black Freeplay Screen, No Textures

Hello!
I've been playing EM4 for several years, but I've recently gotten a new laptop.

If I try to start a freeplay game, the game starts, and I can hear the dispatcher, but the screen is fully black.

I have disabled the shadows on the options menu and I can now see the map and play, however the vehicles don't have textures and some portions of the map are also white.

The dispatch vehicles menu also shows the images as white and the description of the vehicle aswell.

Is anyone able to help, please?
Regards,

20230608195436_1.jpg

On 6/28/2023 at 3:19 AM, Newfoundking said:

Go into either AMD or NVidia's graphics program on your PC and disable anything for Em4. Do not let it try to upscale or do anything, when you do, this should solve it. 

I believe I have disabled all the options on AMD Software, but it's still starting the Freeplay as a black screen.

image_2023-06-29_175534683.png

image_2023-06-29_175558001.png

Oops, it's been a little while, I missed this notification. 

I just took a look at mine, and it seems like that is indeed the same settings I have, but you're still getting the issue. One thing I did have to do, for whatever reason, was turn down some graphics settings inside the game. I think for everything I'm running either medium or low settings. If I try to put it on high, I either get CTD or these phantom issues again. Theoretically you should be able to run it, since a potato can run Em4, BUT because it's so old, certain things don't play nicely. Try running it at lower settings and if that helps. Be aware, I ended up having to load a game, change the settings, get out and repeat. And if I try to raise the settings, I get the trouble again. 

This might be a fix. 🤞

On 7/9/2023 at 11:42 PM, Newfoundking said:

Oops, it's been a little while, I missed this notification. 

I just took a look at mine, and it seems like that is indeed the same settings I have, but you're still getting the issue. One thing I did have to do, for whatever reason, was turn down some graphics settings inside the game. I think for everything I'm running either medium or low settings. If I try to put it on high, I either get CTD or these phantom issues again. Theoretically you should be able to run it, since a potato can run Em4, BUT because it's so old, certain things don't play nicely. Try running it at lower settings and if that helps. Be aware, I ended up having to load a game, change the settings, get out and repeat. And if I try to raise the settings, I get the trouble again. 

This might be a fix. 🤞

If I have my graphics as in the image, then the freeplay starts as seen in the 2nd and 3rd images, and I cannot access the options menu.

And if I disable the shadows, load the game, then change the details to low and restart the game, the game seems fine, and there are no portions of the map or peds in white, but the vehicles are fully white. If I then turn the shadows back on, the screen becomes as in the last image.

Do you have any advice? 

20230712035519_1.jpg

20230712035538_1.jpg

20230712035552_1.jpg

20230712041930_1.jpg

Essentially where the game is so old, it'll run into issues with the newer settings on most modern PCs. You can try running in compatibility mode, but beyond that, it's really just guess and check. Unfortunately, the game doesn't play nice with newer equipment, especially AMD. I have tried several mods and different ones work with different settings, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.