I have a problem. I just put a new texture into the game and it's coming up sort-a white. Like I can see the texture but it's got white around it. How do I fix this. Also im trying to open the LA texture files but when I open them in paint.net it says it's not in dds form eventthough it is. How do I fix this and open them in paint

For the texture that could be from you not making it big enough I think but I'm not 100% on that but for the LA texture files what you must do is download the emergency 4 unpacker program from the downloads section and follow the instructions to unpack all the .dds and .v3o files in the LA mod folder.

Sort-a-white? Can I see a screenshot of that? Download Fraps (you dont need to purchase it) and use it to take a screenshot of Em4.

The bug your describing may be caused by your GPU and Em4 not working together well. System specs will be helpful. Em4 has a system that downsizes textures once viewed ingame or in editor, and it may not be functioning as intended on your system.