Police101

Thinking of making a mod for em4.

I am thinking of copying Los Angeles mod and editing everything, the map, the emergency cars. I do not attempt to just copy right the LA modification, I Will change the look of the map and the emergancy cars. Also, the mod is a suprise, Los Santos Modification.

Credit goes to Hoppah for the LA Mod.

Thank you for posting, I will also be viewing YouTube Channels if they also have tutorials.

On 4/10/2016 at 6:33 AM, Police101 said:

Thank you for posting, I will also be viewing YouTube Channels if they also have tutorials.

Before I moved on to EM5 I thought of doing a LS, LC, or VC mod, but I just didn't have any resources especially models, nor experience. I look forward to this mod. Hope it goes well for you!

On 10/04/2016 at 11:29 AM, randomperson139 said:

Remember credits, and you'll be all good ;-)

Good luck! There's a number of tutorials around the site, and feel free to post if you have any questions or issues.

Am I on the wrong topic to place this kinda Mod announcement? General Talk is the wrong topic to announce mods I think.

23 hours ago, randomperson139 said:

Planned mods, and new mods, can go in the 'Conceptual Mods' area.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/forum/138-conceptual-modifications/

ok, cool, can you lock this topic.

On 14/04/2016 at 2:06 AM, Ben12 said:

Before I moved on to EM5 I thought of doing a LS, LC, or VC mod, but I just didn't have any resources especially models, nor experience. I look forward to this mod. Hope it goes well for you!

Emergency 5 does not have many resources, that's also the reason it is rare to get new mods for EM5, Emergency 4 has more resources.

2 hours ago, Police101 said:

Emergency 5 does not have many resources, that's also the reason it is rare to get new mods for EM5, Emergency 4 has more resources.

I ment as in tools of my own. Not like models. And I didn't mention EM5 with resources.

8 hours ago, Police101 said:

6 hours ago, Ben12 said:

I ment as in tools of my own. Not like models. And I didn't mention EM5 with resources.

As a whole, Em4 definitely has more available content to use due to the game being modded for a decade now. As to 'tools', there arent many tools for either game period. Zmodeler2 is the only one for properly editing models, while Blender and GMAX have problems, wherein the normals of 3D models are corrupted once exported to v3o. Zmodeler3 has a monopoly on editing person models due to it having a compatible skeleton importation system for v3o files. That software costs $4 a month, so the author is making a killing out of Em4 and GTAV modders.

For scripting, no such SDK or compiler exists for Em4 or Em5, so once again, no luck there. We have to settle for less, which is oftentimes Notepad ++.

Both games suffer from a lack of documentation and editing software. Not surprising, but ironic considering how much has been attempted and failed with Em4.

As to the OP:

The best way to make a Los Santos mod is to simply take the existing LA mod vehicles and peds, and reskin the text, decals and logos to say 'Los Santos' instead of LA.