Truth is there are many programs out there which can let you create models.. most have pros/cons lists with them; for this game the list which can import are rather short unfort.  It's basically Zmod2 or Blender which can import/export v3o.  That being said, most any application which can dump to "primary" formats can with a little work be used for modeling.  The only one I would suggest not even considering is sketchup, it does not convert well at all resulting in bloated un-optimized junk models.  Aside from that most of the common mainstream apps, zmod1, zmod2, 3dsmax, blender all can be used with different processing to get the final product into the game.  Sadly when people designed CAD software it apparently did not occur to them to standardize the things so that they are all using the same formatting for filetypes, axial alignment, automatic double-siding polygons etc... So those issues do come into play going from one program to another and must be corrected for should they present.

For now you probably do best to worry about finding a program and getting comfortable with it, I would not focus too much about figuring out how to get the end-result into the game (yet) till you've gotten it down on how to model the things, and are 100% sure you're into doing modeling before worrying about how to cross the bridge into importing them.  Kind of makes no sense to build the bridge before you have traffic to travel over it in my opinion. 

Goodluck.

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:40 PM, MikeyPI said:

Truth is there are many programs out there which can let you create models.. most have pros/cons lists with them; for this game the list which can import are rather short unfort.  It's basically Zmod2 or Blender which can import/export v3o.  That being said, most any application which can dump to "primary" formats can with a little work be used for modeling.  The only one I would suggest not even considering is sketchup, it does not convert well at all resulting in bloated un-optimized junk models.  Aside from that most of the common mainstream apps, zmod1, zmod2, 3dsmax, blender all can be used with different processing to get the final product into the game.  Sadly when people designed CAD software it apparently did not occur to them to standardize the things so that they are all using the same formatting for filetypes, axial alignment, automatic double-siding polygons etc... So those issues do come into play going from one program to another and must be corrected for should they present.

For now you probably do best to worry about finding a program and getting comfortable with it, I would not focus too much about figuring out how to get the end-result into the game (yet) till you've gotten it down on how to model the things, and are 100% sure you're into doing modeling before worrying about how to cross the bridge into importing them.  Kind of makes no sense to build the bridge before you have traffic to travel over it in my opinion. 

Goodluck.

sorry to bother you, I have started using blender and I think its rather fun, I'm starting to create more complex models however I have no Idea how to convert them into a .v3o file. I attempted to download a script that would allow blender to do that, but when I click the link the webpage cannot be displayed, I think it may have something to do with the recent website maintmence. could you as a moderator try to fix this please?

Here is the thread:    http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/20108-blender-v3o-importexport-scripts/

I have PM'd the user who published them asking him to repair the files by either fixing the attachment, or to put them in the download center.  Due to the changes to the site all older attachments were lost, so anything stored within those attachments were not physically stored as files and were subsequently lost when the DB changed to the new version.. It's unfortunate but we as the staff do not have attached files backed up, only things from within the download center.  Hopefully the author will update his link, but I cannot say how long this will take him to do.

16 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

I have PM'd the user who published them asking him to repair the files by either fixing the attachment, or to put them in the download center.  Due to the changes to the site all older attachments were lost, so anything stored within those attachments were not physically stored as files and were subsequently lost when the DB changed to the new version.. It's unfortunate but we as the staff do not have attached files backed up, only things from within the download center.  Hopefully the author will update his link, but I cannot say how long this will take him to do.

ok, thank you.