Wohlever

Simple Request: How to change JUST the color of police/firetruck lights.

I live in an area where firetrucks use red/white lights,

Police Use Blue/White

Ambulance/Rescue use Red/Orange/Yellow/White

I opened the editor and tried getting to a point where I could just modify the color of the lights

on the vehicles (Default vehicles in game).

At this point that is all I want to know.
I could never find a menu for the lights.

Later, once I have learned more I plan on making my own models etc., but at this point

all I want to do is change the color of the lights on the default vehicles.

How do I so please?

I have tried reading a few tutorials, but they all seemed focused on adding new vehicle models and so on,

but nothing about change the light set-up on already created vehicles.

Thanks for any help.

Ok for best results use an older dell mouse Dell (MO56UOA) Black and Silver with the wheel in the middle better for editing lights on your keyboard.  The Atl button will control up and down courser to  move the lights. The mouse will go side to side if want to move the lights around with the courser.  You will need play around for a while it is going take time.  Don't get frustrated take a break when need so.  Make sure when change anything that it is your privet mod or if publish it on the forum get promotion form the molders and the forum.    A little suggesting in the future don't bit the hand that helps you :huh: good luck.

https://youtu.be/Ox2FLjdN3ko

Okay, I'm not sure that Flnn Rescue 12 actually answered the question (good try, but he was asking about the menus, not a set of tips) so I'll help here:

You don't need any special equipment to light, everything can be your normal stuff. 

So you need to find the prototype for the vehicle you want to light. Go to Edit Scene, find vehicles, find emergency vehicles, then find the vehicle you want to light. Then click on it, you do not need to place it but you do need to click on it. Then click on "Edit Prototype". Find "Lights" and voila! You have accessed the lights for the vehicle. There will be a few things you'll see:

Radiation: This is the light that will show on the ground, it is represented by a polygon.

Coronas: I believe the same as the Radiation but for the air.

So to edit the light color just change the RGB in the bottom right of the dialog, play around, this is really simple.

Play around, and you could learn a lot!

(Don't forget to save.)

Okay, I'm not sure that Flnn Rescue 12 actually answered the question (good try, but he was asking about the menus, not a set of tips) so I'll help here:

You don't need any special equipment to light, everything can be your normal stuff. 

So you need to find the prototype for the vehicle you want to light. Go to Edit Scene, find vehicles, find emergency vehicles, then find the vehicle you want to light. Then click on it, you do not need to place it but you do need to click on it. Then click on "Edit Prototype". Find "Lights" and voila! You have accessed the lights for the vehicle. There will be a few things you'll see:

Radiation: This is the light that will show on the ground, it is represented by a polygon.

Coronas: I believe the same as the Radiation but for the air.

So to edit the light color just change the RGB in the bottom right of the dialog, play around, this is really simple.

Play around, and you could learn a lot!

(Don't forget to save.)

it saves automatically - but note that not forget to press OK in the dialog editing lights)