MP50

Unit won't enter car

Hey there,

I'm very, very new (by which I mean hours new :D) to modding, but seem to have hit a bit of an issue already. Try as I might, I can't get a model to enter a car. Any car, just this one model will stubbornly refuse to get in it. If I click on the model, it comes up with the "Get in vehicle" command, but it's greyed out, and hovering over a vehicle doesn't offer the Enter command.

I'm probably missing something really simple, and just being stupid, but like I say, I'm new to this - please don't bite :)

Thanks!

Also in the same place make sure you click usable up top of the selection

Useable is not nessasary. Useable tells if an engineer is able to use the "use" command on the vehicle or not

The important thing is to make sure the vehicle allows passengers and that the passengers meets the requirements for entering the cars. Ex people need the extinguish command to enter fire trucks

Unless I'm reading it wrong I think he is talking about a human custom model, not a vehicle model. So his issue is that the new pedestrian doesn't enter any vehicle and not a new car mod that doesn't allow passengers. I apologize if I'm the one who's mistaken.

Unless I'm reading it wrong I think he is talking about a human custom model, not a vehicle model. So his issue is that the new pedestrian doesn't enter any vehicle and not a new car mod that doesn't allow passengers. I apologize if I'm the one who's mistaken.

Then the problem is with the passengers not meeting the requirements. Certain cars only allow people to enter if they have certain scripts

You are indeed correct, thanks.

Then the problem is with the passengers not meeting the requirements. Certain cars only allow people to enter if they have certain scripts

Both the car and person prototypes are done by me, can you elaborate as to what could be the issue?

In the editor got to the vehicle, click edit then edit traits. Under 'Passengers' make sure there is at least one allowed (This is how many people can get into the vehicle) :)

Others can get into the vehicle, but this one ped can't get into any sort of vehicle.

Both the car and person prototypes are done by me, can you elaborate as to what could be the issue?

Others can get into the vehicle, but this one ped can't get into any sort of vehicle.

Basically only certain types of people can get in certain types of vehicle. Like a Police Officer can't get in a Fire Engine etc.

To decide what a person is (Police officer, firefighter etc) go to their trait menu and change the person type to 'Squad'. Then you can choose which role they are above.

Basically only certain types of people can get in certain types of vehicle. Like a Police Officer can't get in a Fire Engine etc.

To decide what a person is (Police officer, firefighter etc) go to their trait menu and change the person type to 'Squad'. Then you can choose which role they are above.

Already done :) The car is a STW or something and then the officer (PCSO) is a Police Squad member.

I've made the mistake many times of accidentally adding 'Empty Car' rather than 'Enter Car' to a person, double check you have added the right command?

Yep, just checked; definitely 'Enter Car'...

Sure, give me a moment.

He said, having never taken screenshots in EM4 before. Good grief, it's hell to do. CamStudio isn't liking me taking any video of it... help?

I promise I'm not normally this stupid :P

He said, having never taken screenshots in EM4 before. Good grief, it's hell to do. CamStudio isn't liking me taking any video of it... help?

I promise I'm not normally this stupid :P

If you have the Steam version it's F12 to take a screenshot. If you have Steam you can add it as a 'Non-Steam Game' and do the same thing. Alternately download a program like Bandicam or Fraps that records and takes screenshots.

If you have the Steam version it's F12 to take a screenshot. If you have Steam you can add it as a 'Non-Steam Game' and do the same thing. Alternately download a program like Bandicam or Fraps that records and takes screenshots.

Neither the Steam overlay nor Steam screenshots appear to work in EM4 or the editor for me. I'll try Fraps, one moment!

EDIT: Ugh. Fraps doesn't work in Windows 10. Bandicam...

Are you running it from Steam or are you just using the normal application? 

Running from Steam. I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid :P

Much time and Bandicamming later... I know how to take screenshots of EM4! Thanks, pottyscotty :)

Here they are, in fact: http://imgur.com/a/JvWvB

Running from Steam. I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid :P

Much time and Bandicamming later... I know how to take screenshots of EM4! Thanks, pottyscotty :)

Here they are, in fact: http://imgur.com/a/JvWvB

Haha, no idea why that's not working then, does for me.

No problem, can't actually see anything wrong with the settings however something did catch my eye - The prototype doesn't actually have a name? I'm going to guess you 'cloned' one of the other Police officers but when you do that you have to enter a new name for the file (The title you give it in the editor is for your benefit only, it doesn't affect the actual file). I don't know if this is it but it's worth a try I guess.

The people need certain commands to be able to enter certain cars

What car type is it that wont work?

Edit: actually, just use this script

http://www.emergency-forum.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=1459

Put that script in, the "Enter Car" is still greyed out...