pledge8236

Creating Van Dock

Hey Everyone,

Can i ask and do you think its possible to create a working van dock using the ire station????

So with this the Van would return to the station and once in the officers and prisoner(s) will decamp thus resulting in the mission been complete. 

Appreciate its a long shot however; some of you guys are awesome at what you do...

Thanks for reading. 

Pledge

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to send vehicles back to a Police Station for the prisoners to be dropped off at custody?

This is already done using the 'To Police Station' script from the LA mod. The vehicle parks at the spaces you designate in the editor and then lets the prisoner out to go into the station. Adding the bit for the Officers to get out should also be fairly easy, my advice is to look at the 'Empty Car' script for reference. 

Hey Scotty,

No I know that script is there...what I'm asking is would it be possible to have the police vans going into say the fire station and the bay doors close. This essentially making a van dock...

I appreciate the scripts already in place. Just curious if that could be expanded on a little. Given the trucks return to the station and empty...could the police vehicles do the same????

Scripting is not something I'm offay with.

Regards

Pledge

Yes, you could add in with some work a loading bay onto a police station (would require model alterations to have such a bay and the animated door) and some script work to make it happen, the scripting is essentially copying from existing ones, but it's something you or someone else would have to be willing to do in order to give the van additional steps in it's scripting to make it drive to the location and pull into it, then unload through another spawn location.  Entirely possible but without scripting ability not something you'll likely accomplish yourself.  The model aspect is also important if you want a polished result.