Pottyscotty

Police Officer/s Start with Weapon?

Is it possible for a Police Officer to spawn on-map (From placing him in the editor) already equipped with one of the bigger weapons (From LA Mod, example being the MP5)? Much like the way a Marksman will have one when spawned in (But I think that is only possible via spawning in vehicles).

Is it possible for a Police Officer to spawn on-map (From placing him in the editor) already equipped with one of the bigger weapons (From LA Mod, example being the MP5)? Much like the way a Marksman will have one when spawned in (But I think that is only possible via spawning in vehicles).

Gotta do that by script. You gotta use a script to put the MP5 on the person, then give the officers the necessary commands (shoot, return weapon, aim, etc).

As an alternative, you could look into the way the LA Mod handles spawning firefighters. As they are forced to enter vehicles on spawn, you can go same way, forcing some of the officers to use "Equip MP5" command on spawn, for example.

Which would require a script, pre set virtual objects, and quite a ways of scripting work. Both methods require same amount of work, but your idea is quite possible as well.

I think what he means is in the editor you give the person a weapon object (Like how you can civs beer bottles) and then the commands they would normally have with the weapon (Fire, aim, etc).

Hm, I'll have to give this a try, didn't think it would work.

Hm, I'll have to give this a try, didn't think it would work.

Editor cant do this. The MP5 is a model object that needs to be "put" into the hand of the officer via script. The default equipment menu does not support addons such as the MP5, M4a1 or ballistic shield. It would need to be done by script to give them the weapon in their right hand, add/remove the necessary commands, and make them spawn ingame.

Editor cant do this. The MP5 is a model object that needs to be "put" into the hand of the officer via script. The default equipment menu does not support addons such as the MP5, M4a1 or ballistic shield. It would need to be done by script to give them the weapon in their right hand, add/remove the necessary commands, and make them spawn ingame.

Ah yeah - Isn't the line for that something like "PlaceObjectInXYXHand();"