Pottyscotty

American Fire Apparatus - Emergency Lighting?

I was wondering if anyone here can help me out, I am not familiar with American apparatus and I need to know if the two lights on the rear of this one I made for something would be white and red (As shown) or both white.

Unfortunately the picture I was going off (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Peter_Stehlik_-_FDNY_Engine_34_-_2012.05.18.jpg) I could only see the one on the left of the picture, which was white. I have searched around Google and Youtube but I can't find anything on this certain type of Fire Engine as all the rest use LEDs on the back.

6184fS.png

The look like they have amber lighting in them in this video:

this one looks liek it has red and white lights in them:(2 minutes in)

4:09 has better view)

Thank you for those videos, will be useful. First one definitely seems Amber so it could be an older model.

By nfpa regs, fire trucks have to have rear facing reds. Older halogen rotary type minibars have Amber lights in them to comply, but newer units seem to be straying away and instead using cheaper LED light heads flashing on the rear facing part of the truck.

Hope this helps

By nfpa regs, fire trucks have to have rear facing reds. Older halogen rotary type minibars have Amber lights in them to comply, but newer units seem to be straying away and instead using cheaper LED light heads flashing on the rear facing part of the truck.

Hope this helps

Definitely helps. I think it's being used for an older scene so will probably end up with the Ambers. 

Hope this helps

Also worth noting that almost no departments in America are fully NFPA compliant, its just too much expense and hassle.

NFPA guidelines are simply just that.."Guidelines" As Fred stated above, most departments aren't compliant because it is expensive.  I'm pretty sure on this, but the NFPA does not dictate what color lights the apparatus has on them.  State law and department policy dictates that.   BUT I could be mistaken...

Pottyscotty, use whatever color you want to use.  It's your model and your imagination..