Sawdbuster

Modified Zoom from Montana Mod

Ever since I installed the Montana mod, I have been able to zoom in much further than usual. I can zoom  in further in the editor and in ever single mod I have. I have since erased the Montana mod, (I needed space, it was a great mod though), and I am still able to zoom in further than usual. I think this modification is preventing me from getting onto multiplayer. Does anybody know what file controls this and what I need to do to replace it? 

Thanks

Ever since I installed the Montana mod, I have been able to zoom in much further than usual. I can zoom  in further in the editor and in ever single mod I have. I have since erased the Montana mod, (I needed space, it was a great mod though), and I am still able to zoom in further than usual. I think this modification is preventing me from getting onto multiplayer. Does anybody know what file controls this and what I need to do to replace it? 

Thanks

I second what Scotty said. I use the camera "hack" aswell and have no problem with multiplayer. Not sure why or how the montana mod caused this but I could pm you with instructions on how to get it back to normal if you want, I'd give you my backup config file but I'm on holiday with poor WiFi. Anyway, pm me.

I second what Scotty said. I use the camera "hack" aswell and have no problem with multiplayer. Not sure why or how the montana mod caused this but I could pm you with instructions on how to get it back to normal if you want, I'd give you my backup config file but I'm on holiday with poor WiFi. Anyway, pm me.

Montana Mod download has a camhack with it. If you're installing it by readme, without knowing about the config, you'll install it, too

Montana Mod download has a camhack with it. If you're installing it by readme, without knowing about the config, you'll install it, too

Ah, never knew that as I edited the config before installing Montana. Not sure how it interferes with multiplayer though, as me and some friends have a mini clan and all use it with no problems.

Ah, never knew that as I edited the config before installing Montana. Not sure how it interferes with multiplayer though, as me and some friends have a mini clan and all use it with no problems.

It shouldn't interfere with MP. One of my friends had made himself a config with ability to get camera a lot further, cause he is used to have much bigger "field of view" in strategy games, and we still wer able to play together.

It shouldn't interfere with MP. One of my friends had made himself a config with ability to get camera a lot further, cause he is used to have much bigger "field of view" in strategy games, and we still wer able to play together.

Aye, that's the bit I don't get.

Thanks

IIRC, bama packaged the camera hack into the Montana mod. Check your em4.cfg (or em4deluxe.cfg if you play EM4 Deluxe) and see if the values are the same as the originals:

<var name="e4_maxcampitch" value="80." />

<var name="e4_maxcamz" value="3200" />

<var name="e4_mincampitch" value="30" />

<var name="e4_mincamz" value="500." />