Darren-NYPD

Equipment No visible in game.

Hi, I was using Scripts such as Police Barricade scripts, M4, etc. for my mod. (for personal use due to permissions).

I managed to set the Barricade in the vehicles I want, and the officers who will be able to use it, but in game.. when I assign the officer to take a Police barricade, he do take it but it does not come visble.

(I tried the Search field here but found nothing related :sorrysign:)

Is there anything that I can do?
Thanks.

so tried some more....

Had a spelling mistake in the prototype location inside the script.

Noew it's still not visible when they hold it, it just comes visible when they put it. then they cannot rotate it or remove it :/

Here are 2 attachments to show my problem

Holding Barrier.jpg : Officer "suppose" to be holding Barrier after getting it from truck

Pickup Barrier.jpg ; Officer trying to pick up barrier again. (no options) :s

post-346-0-67323000-1423933602_thumb.jpg

post-346-0-15741200-1423933620_thumb.jpg

Scripting isn't something I'm too familiar with, but I would be guessing there's likely to be errors in the script somewhere. Have you compared your version of the script with one that is 100% working (e,g the original LA Mod one)?

The issue with not picking up the barricade, do the personnel have all the correct commands?

Hmm I compared the officer with the one in LA mod.. La mod the officer only has PcmdPolicebarrierGET..
then the rest comes along I assume due to the script.

What I did in the script was renaming vehicles to mine and renaming the officer to my officer

Barricade locations are the same as LA mod ( I kept the folder the same structure and names to be certain).

(what I did) . To be certain I copied the All the Objects Folders Of models and Prototypes from La mod and placed them in the same structure and also kept same names.

Models Folder:    Models/objects/01 LA Equipment.
Proto Folder:       Prototypes/Vehicles/06 objects/police_barricade.e4p

As vehicles I replaced the SUV and The Hummer in the script with

Barriers_body.e4p
Barriers2_body.e4p

and Persons I replaced the Lapd officer m with mtofficer.e4p

Name of the location folder is 03 Police (my mod) and (in La mod its 03 LA Police). that I arranged as well in the script. then I left everything the same to prevent problems..

These are the parts edited in the script 

if (v.IsValid() && !v.IsDestroyed() && StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 Police/barriers_body.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 Police/barriers2_body.e4p") == 0 ||

p.AssignCommand("Lift");
p.AssignCommand("UnloadPerson");
p.AssignCommand("Redirect");
if(StrCompare(p.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Persons/03 Police/mtofficer.e4p") 

Everything Should be renamed the same cause I used the Replace all option of notepad while renaming the names.

I tried again today..

I copied All Model, Prototypes, UI.  folders from the LA mod to be certain that I have everything in place.
I also copied all scripts from LA mod then modified the Get cone, Get Barricade and Get Flare scripts.

I managed to get the option to pick it up, (probably before was missing a script to which it would refer.)
But as in Barricade, cone and flare are still invisible when the officer is suppose to hold them in hand. :/

Help is extremely appreciated, thanks

I tried to install both the Truck and the officer in LA mod.. Eg: CHP officer can get a barricade from the truck which comes visible.. but my officer can't  I assume it has to do with scripts.. one refers to another.. but I tried the Flare, Cone and Barricade script but can't figure it out :(

Like lapdlafd said, your issue is caused by the alpha textures of the barricade.

You've got to:

1. Unpack the barricade's skin (change it to v3o then unpack it in the editor)
  2. Change it back to DDS 
  3. Convert it to jpg (using some kind of software)
  4. After that, the skin will become visible, change it to png (with paint or something similar)
  5. Open the barricade v3o file with notepad. Scroll down and change the texture from "dds" to "png".
  6. Save it on the original folder, then go to the editor again, select the barricade model and uncheck "Alpha Reflections". 
  7. Done! 

That issue happened to me a few years ago when messing around with LA mod. 

Thanks for your help and reply ;)

I figured out that the person's prototypes have to be with Alpha Reflections Checked for it to work.
The only problem is that unlike in the LA Mod , My persons are coming with reflection (glossy).

I will now try your instruction for the DDS texture of the person.

FIXED :)

Found this Topic regarding Alpha Reflections and it did help alot.

Thanks for your help :).

Alpha Reflection Topic:
http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/10095-fbi-hrt-agent-problem/?hl=%2Balpha+%2Breflection#entry139007