Sawdbuster

Changing the Number of personal per unit

Hey guys,

I wanted to know how I could make the Engineer's Vehicle be able to carry 2 engineers. I can do this in the editor under traits, but what do I change to be able to call a truck with two engineers in game?

Thanks guys, 

Thank you! Which folder is it under?

EDIT:

I tried to edit it. I made a Specs folder in my mod folder and put the edited "vehicles" xml file in that folder. But when I opened the game, the unit slots are the same as the original game's. Any help?

Edited by Sawdbuster

Yup, I'm an idiot. Thanks 

It's still not working. I made a "Units" Folder in the mod file, then I copied over the "Vehicles" from the data folder. then I edited the units xml for many of the vehicles, only changing the number values for speed and person slots. I saved each file and when I opened the game, nothing changed. 

Edited by Sawdbuster

Yup, I'm an idiot. Thanks 

It's still not working. I made a "Units" Folder in the mod file, then I copied over the "Vehicles" from the data folder. then I edited the units xml for many of the vehicles, only changing the number values for speed and person slots. I saved each file and when I opened the game, nothing changed. 

SPECS:

36. Some files in the Specs folder are required when you add a vehicle to your mod.

Copy the following files from your .../Emergency 4/Data/Specs folder to the Specs folder in your mod:

freeplaybase.xml

freeplaybase_mp.xml

portraits.xml

metastrings.xml

freeplaybase_d.xml (if you have EM4 Deluxe)

37. Open freeplaybase.xml with Wordpad.

Every available vehicle in freeplay has their own line. 'count' means the number of vehicles in your garage which have already been bought.

Copy/Paste or change one of the lines and enter the path to your new vehicle.

Do this for freeplaybase_mp.xml (for multiplayer) and/or freeplaybase_d.xml (if you have EM4 Deluxe) too.

38. Open portraits.xml with WordPad.

Just like in freeplaybase.xml has each vehicle has their own line.

Copy/Paste or change one of the lines, enter the correct path to your new vehicle prototype.

Enter the Unit ID which has been made up in step 40 and enter the exact same name behind 'text' and 'unit'.

Image 16: Specs folder

Image 17: Changing freeplaybase.xml

Image 18: Changing portraits.xml

I'm sorry if I'm missing something big. 

I read over that and I only got how to change how many trucks appear avaiable at the beginning of freeplay,  not how many personal are in the truck.

Sorry, what am I missing? And thank you.