Modzzguy202

GTA 4 computer

In regards to Windows 8, I'd have to agree with MikeyPI. The start menu is really the only pain, but with the Windows 8.1 update, they kinda fixed some of the really frustrating issues, returning/adding some of the "desktop" features to the MetroUI itself. On a side note, Windows 9 10 looks like a good return to the traditional desktop, but with a bit of MetroUI mixed in a better way (IMO). In regards to compatibility regarding my experience with Windows 8.1, I've had no problem running any applications that would've run on Windows XP, except for the ms-dos apps. I wish those would run in some cases, but it's not really necessary for most (i.e. 99.9%) of what I do.

Windows 8 is cheaper than Windows 7 in most cases I've seen, and with the (negligible, IMO) differences between the two, I'd stick with Windows 8 for a new computer. Just my $0.02. :P

... On a side note, Windows 9 looks like a good return to the traditional desktop, but with a bit of MetroUI mixed in a better way (IMO).

There is no Windows 9 they skipped 9 and ate going straight to 10.