mariuswww

Bergstall Modification [Released]

When I use the water tender to supply water to other apparatus on remote locations I can't supply the 6 seated engine (as well as one or two others but can't remember precisely). And when I call in units from off the map they get stuck on their spawn point, they all have the same model regardless of which engine I dispatch. They also have the '1 player' etc icons representing those actions. You need to manually select them (with a bit of camera work to be able to select them) to turn their engines on and redirect them to the location.

There are two options to call in volunteers, what's the difference between those? The squad leader also has a BMA script with a station bell as icon, what does it do?

A lot of questions so if possible, could you provide us with a bit of documentation regarding the scripts? Apart from that the mod seems like fun and is of good quality. Congrats!

When I use the water tender to supply water to other apparatus on remote locations I can't supply the 6 seated engine (as well as one or two others but can't remember precisely). And when I call in units from off the map they get stuck on their spawn point, they all have the same model regardless of which engine I dispatch. They also have the '1 player' etc icons representing those actions. You need to manually select them (with a bit of camera work to be able to select them) to turn their engines on and redirect them to the location.

There are two options to call in volunteers, what's the difference between those? The squad leader also has a BMA script with a station bell as icon, what does it do?

A lot of questions so if possible, could you provide us with a bit of documentation regarding the scripts? Apart from that the mod seems like fun and is of good quality. Congrats!

Thank you for your input and feedback.

The 6 seated engine should be able to be fed, I'll look into that issue. The units called from off map spawn wait 70 seconds before starting their engines and move to the selected location (to simulate driving from neighboor town). The Player 1, 2 etc is mainly for Multiplayer use, this gives the Engine to player 1 (host), 2, 3 or 4, all of them will give it to yourself in singleplayer.

The leaders bell command is to reset the automatic fire alarm system after its been triggered. As for documentation are you looking for how it works, or who made it?

Alright thanks for the clarification.

Bugs:

Regarding the water tender, I want to apologise since it does work. I guess I got things mixed up a bit since I was tackling a big fire out of town involving all of the units. I thought most of the engines were able to supply each other, which isn't the case.

1. Another thing I noticed is that pumpswitch cmd shows the error icon (red cross thingy).

2. If the water tender used the cannon, the water % wouldn't drop.

3. Police officers can't draw weapons nor can they get it from the equipment menu (kinda difficult to handle a rabies event)

4. When there is a suspect in a police vehicle you need to get it to HQ, can't send it to base. (don't know if this is intentional or not)

5. There is a bug with the animation when installing/Deinstalling the ladder truck.

Questions:

Regarding the documentation; I meant as in how things work. Sure we all know the basic concepts and commands for the game but I have a few remaining questions.

1. What's the difference between CallStation1 and the callStation12 cmd at the station's control panel?
2. Is there a specific use for the brush truck compaired to the other 'normal' apparatus?

3. In the spawn menu all of the trucks only show the axe as equipment, is there a difference between equipment carried by all the vehicles?

4. What is the switchvehicle cmd for? Only the fireengine1, the firerescue and ladder vehicles have these.

Suggestions:

1. Had two play throughs, the only fires I had so far were out of the town, or at least at a place where there was no fire hydrant near the scene. Nothing wrong with that itself but I did had large difficulty replenishing the other three water tanks since the only vehicle able to transfer water is the water tender. Which resulted in the last fire evolving into a forest fire very quickly and being uncontrollable. Sure I was able to call in the water plane but it's not that realistic imo for having to use it time and time again to keep it under control.

Can it maybe be adjusted that the water tanks don't run out that fast? Or did I miss something?

Maybe also spawn the container truck somewhere at the station instead of having to call it manually? (just an idea)

Alright thanks for the clarification.

Bugs:

Regarding the water tender, I want to apologise since it does work. I guess I got things mixed up a bit since I was tackling a big fire out of town involving all of the units. I thought most of the engines were able to supply each other, which isn't the case.

1. Another thing I noticed is that pumpswitch cmd shows the error icon (red cross thingy).

2. If the water tender used the cannon, the water % wouldn't drop.

3. Police officers can't draw weapons nor can they get it from the equipment menu (kinda difficult to handle a rabies event)

4. When there is a suspect in a police vehicle you need to get it to HQ, can't send it to base. (don't know if this is intentional or not)

5. There is a bug with the animation when installing/Deinstalling the ladder truck.

Questions:

Regarding the documentation; I meant as in how things work. Sure we all know the basic concepts and commands for the game but I have a few remaining questions.

1. What's the difference between CallStation1 and the callStation12 cmd at the station's control panel?

2. Is there a specific use for the brush truck compaired to the other 'normal' apparatus?

3. In the spawn menu all of the trucks only show the axe as equipment, is there a difference between equipment carried by all the vehicles?

4. What is the switchvehicle cmd for? Only the fireengine1, the firerescue and ladder vehicles have these.

Suggestions:

1. Had two play throughs, the only fires I had so far were out of the town, or at least at a place where there was no fire hydrant near the scene. Nothing wrong with that itself but I did had large difficulty replenishing the other three water tanks since the only vehicle able to transfer water is the water tender. Which resulted in the last fire evolving into a forest fire very quickly and being uncontrollable. Sure I was able to call in the water plane but it's not that realistic imo for having to use it time and time again to keep it under control.

Can it maybe be adjusted that the water tanks don't run out that fast? Or did I miss something?

Maybe also spawn the container truck somewhere at the station instead of having to call it manually? (just an idea)

1. The icon for the Vcmdpumpswitch, is not really suppose to show but on the out of town engine it does. As for the Pcmdpumpswitch I've tried changing the icon but It only works until you use the pump, then the icon dissappears.

2, 3, 4, 5. I'll look into these.

For your questions

1. There is not a whole lot of difference, Callstation1 brings 9 guys, and Callstation12 brings an additional 9 guys. Its simply another group of guys.

2. I was planning to only use engine and Rescue (as vehicle with hoses/pumps etc) but with all the forests etc I quickly found out I needed more. So I decided to drop the chief (as I really dont think they serve a purpose other than looks) and go with another vehicle with some water and hoses.

3. I've gone through and modified each unit to have appropriate tools, such as the rescue carries jaws of life, the engine does not etc, although it might not show the actuall onboard equipment in the call out menu. It only shows whatever is set in the unit.xml file. I'll see if I can get this fixed.

4. As Gunswat mentioned these commands will upgrade your vehicles if you have enough ca$h. The idea is that you start with somewhat old rigs then upgrade to newer ones as you will see.

Suggestions:

1. Part of the gameplay is to have limited resorces but this can be easily changed if you want to: Scripts - Game - Commands - WaterSupplyFreeplay.script

int MAX_WATER_TANKER = 3000; <-- Change value to whatever you'd like.

2. You are able to park it in the Rescues bay, so your going to have to make a choice of what rig to keep. I do not plan to adding another bay in there.

But thanks for your bugs and tips!

A really interesting mod, I like the rural feel and realism; you can tell a lot of time was put into just the fire station itself. A major bug (In my eyes) is that the firefighter who attaches/removes a supply line will lose the command to undress. When back at station I usually mask him up and take it off, but then after he undresses he "forgets" what vehicle was his. Anyone else having this issue?

I also got bored, and made some edits :happy:

post-39366-0-86498200-1417211583_thumb.p

A really interesting mod, I like the rural feel and realism; you can tell a lot of time was put into just the fire station itself. A major bug (In my eyes) is that the firefighter who attaches/removes a supply line will lose the command to undress. When back at station I usually mask him up and take it off, but then after he undresses he "forgets" what vehicle was his. Anyone else having this issue?

I also got bored, and made some edits :happy:

attachicon.gifEm4 2014-11-28 16-25-35-55.png

Nicely done. That's much better!