CCCXLII

Enforcer: Police Crime Action

This comes out on Steam today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/318220/

In Enforcer: Police Crime Action, you play as a police officer in a city called Mountain Valley. It's a police simulator like SWAT and Police Quest series, with all the bells and whistles you'd expect, except for one interesting difference, you have to manage your officer's hunger and stress. You'll also need to handle your officer's off-duty life, visiting family and friends, buying clothes and furniture for your house, and so on. Handle your social life and your stress incorrectly and "[you] will be under severe pressure that will affect your ability to uphold the law."

The game also has a realistic difficulty setting that includes permadeath.

Looks like the game is 25% off until Oct. 31st.

EDIT:

People have started uploading gameplay videos:

http://youtu.be/n1nl8s_ZriM

There is a Normal and Hardcore mode. In Normal you can only have one mission at a time, and you respawn at a hospital if you die. In Hardcore mode you can have up to three missions at a time, and death is permanent.

You can choose between a male or female officer.

Your car can run out of fuel, or need to be repaired.

There is a limited amount of time to complete missions.

Looks like the game is open world, though you're initially locked to one region (you unlock more as the game progresses)

It might just be me, but it seems like traffic and traffic lights respond appropriately to lights and sirens (pulling to the side, turning red).

Hmmm anyone got a word on this? Is it worth the buy?

I got it as soon as it came out. Played for about an hour. It's basically GMOD + lcpdfr. Has a lot of annoying bugs but it's not too bad. Probably not worth the full price of 19.99 but it's only 14.99, or you can be a pirate and buy it later lol. I enjoyed it overall even with the bugs. Have to get used to the controls too.

According to the developers, they sent out some 300 codes to different youtubers, so we should see lots of LPs cropping up in the next few days. Also, the devs say they plan to update the game as they receive support and reception.

You can unlock new cars by visiting the game's website (undercover car and jeep).

From what I've heard, there's a few bugs right now, but most of those will probably be patched in the coming days.

Pretty sure I saw this showcased when it was in development on the LCPD:FR site.

Will definitely buy this. Like, now.

EDIT: this has a topic on here, ages ago, started by the dev, the name was K something. Good to see it got made! http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/17941-game-police-tactics/

played it for like a half hour and was all set, i was in a shooting with a drug dealer and my cross hairs were directly on their body, shot like 20 rounds not one of them hit and then i ended up dying. Pretty much feel like I wasted $15.00. Hopefully there will some update coming soon to fix all the horrible glitches and the graphics.

played it for like a half hour and was all set, i was in a shooting with a drug dealer and my cross hairs were directly on their body, shot like 20 rounds not one of them hit and then i ended up dying. Pretty much feel like I wasted $15.00. Hopefully there will some update coming soon to fix all the horrible glitches and the graphics.

It's a small dev team, plus it's only just released, it'll come soon me thinks

Devs say they're releasing a patch later this evening.

EDIT: Update 1.0.2.1 Is Live

Hi everyone,

We have a new update which will address some issues. Another update is planned for tomorrow too which will address some further optimisation issues but will also add in some additional support to the modding community.

Fixes for version 1.0.2.1

- Image effects changed to support more PC configurations

- Added mouse sensitivity adjustment (Currently the slider controls on foot and in car sensitivity. another slider is being added soon so you can adjust these individually)

- Added volume sliders for sound effects and music

- Player will no longer keep dying when restarting the game (After dying from hunger)

- Player will now longer have energy below 20 after restarting the game

- New system for graphics options (all image effects will be disabled as standard, Players will need to activate effects)

- Reduced Blur

- Shower bug where camera is lost

- Player can replenish stress control after going out with relatives or friends

- Changed the way we have handled the aiming system.(For example, hitting roof instead of the centre of the screen)

Possible fixes:

We are having some issues replicating the issue below. We may have fixed this issue, if you are struggling with this. Please let us know if this has been fixed.

- Players no longer steer to the left when they are not pressing the A key.

We are planning another update tomorrow.

Thanks for your support!

All the best,

Chris

https://www.emergency-planet.com/enforcerthegame

Whats a trip to me is that nobody seemed to notice these people are going to likely be sued.  They jacked their truck and cop car from a game called state of decay. By looking at it, prob where they based their framework on too.  If it is they're going to have a very short stint.

GTA SA is way better

I'm trying to get a copy of True Crime NYC. But yes,

Whats a trip to me is that nobody seemed to notice these people are going to likely be sued.  They jacked their truck and cop car from a game called state of decay. By looking at it, prob where they based their framework on too.  If it is they're going to have a very short stint.

It did seem to drop pretty fast for a full on game.... But if it got released there must be something else, those cop cars have been up on their facebook page for months. 

500px-704506_589763747716515_1228021284_

State of decay (horrible pic but most of em are dented n bloodied)

Enforcer.Police.Crime.Action-CODEX-pc-ww

This game.

speed-radar.jpg

This game

33p38uq.jpg

State of decay's (note it was reskinned by someone in this picture again hard to find an undamaged/bloodied pic).

The other cop cars idk where they came from but those two are identical base models with reskin jobs on em

New update:

Hi everyone,

Update 1.0.2.2 is now live, if you’ve enabled automatic downloading Steam should update your game. If you come across any issues, please get in touch with us at support@excalibur-publishing.com

Below are a list of fixes and additions to the game.

FIXES

- General: Made mouse buttons activate indicator lights

- General: Center map TOTALLY redone. We hope this will fix the first start game crash (out of memory)

- General: traffic spawn is improved (we will keep improving), I’m afraid there are no more radically futuristic advancements to automobile technology (no more crazy flying cars, but if you spot any, let us know!) (We know there are still some flying cars, we are on top of the issue again!)

- General: balanced stats without players changing XML custom file (although, we cannot please everyone, so, for you that want a different stats, you can change at the custom XML file)

- General: game is less heavy for shaders and overall textures

- Vehicle: better driving experience (better handling) - we will keep improving with the community feedback.

- Vehicle: vehicle icon fixed (will not appear together with player icon)

- Mission: report does not fit on screen sometimes (Police Station) also can use Enter as key to confirm

- Mission: drunks will no longer be reported as an innocent person

- Mission: red markers now will appear more time, but the player will have to check some false players also, giving more challenge, but always a chance to complete

- Player: fixed where shot can hit markers, so sometimes players cannot hit criminals.

- Player: while on mellee combat, will not break animations anymore

- Player: kicking a door in a house with 2 doors no longer crash

- Criminals: make criminals run less than player

- Criminals: will run for more time when running from police

- Camera: fixed orbit cam handle

NEW FEATURES

- General: made 2 sensitivity sliders (on foot and vehicle)

- General: map select before going out of home

- Camera orbit mode works with V key

- Vehicle: new sirens for the unmarked vehicle

- Mission: new markers will follow criminals and update from time to time, but it is per zone, not really per criminal

- Mod: external textures for vehicle modding (players can change and it will be replaced in game). For now, only for the first police vehicle

Thank you for your support, we are still working on the game. Today one of the team is going to be using some player’s custom data and we may add these suggestions into a later update if they work well.

All the best,

Chris

Edit: We are aware of the flying cars issue that still persists! We're on top of this again!

New update tomorrow. Sorry for the double post, just want to make sure this is bumped and people stay updated. If it's a problem, I'll merge this into my earlier post.

This will be my last post on this game, unless something really major comes up. The game looks cool and the devs seem awesome, but unfortunately my computer doesn't meet the minimum specs, and that means I can't justify buying the game myself. Because I don't own the game, and because I don't plan on buying it in the near future, I don't see much point in following its development.

Hope everyone enjoys the game!

NEXT UPDATE and NEWS

Hey everyone,

======== FIRST NEWS ========

We prepared an update build for today, but we had an unexpected crash while compiling the game (Unity issue), so we will have to wait until Monday.

Fixed

- General: fixed email width and height

- Player: can only use police vehicle while on duty

- Vehicles: really no more flying vehicles (their mothership is gone)

- Kitten on tree: we managed to decrease the volume voice of the kitten XD (it is a woman who insist in screaming in the game)

- Vehicle: sometimes when buy a new vehicle (civilian) it spawns in wrong place, in map Center

New

- Mod: vehicle 2 and vehicle 3 (sport car and SUV) can now be modified (textures)

This will be UP at the Monday's update =)

======== FIXING BUGs and TROUBLE SHOOTING ========

We know the last update fixed the problem for many players. We know also that did not fix for some people. Please, for each of you who is still having troubles about crashs after starting career, or menu is not showing up, or any other problem with starting game, please, check the following:

- Make sure you are in the latest updated game (v1.0.2.2), you can see this when you open the game, at the bottom right of your screen

- If you already did the update, make sure you have the following folders INSIDE your game folder: DATA_Config, DATA_CUSTOMDATA, DATA_hof, DATA_Saves. We know that sometimes, these files were not created, but it was because the user (most of the times) did not update really the game

- Make sure you system can really handle the game, if not, there is not much we can do about this. We are receiving a lot of emails with old processors and / or not really enough memory, or even the graphic card. Even so, we try to help those users.

- If somehow you selected an invalid resolution for your and clicked "Confirm" in game, you can go back accessing the folder, INSIDE your game folder, in DATA_Config, open the file called pcconfig.xml and change the field called "resolution" between 0 to 4 (I recommend 4, where 0 is the lowest resolution).

- Try reinstalling the game if any of this works.

- Even reinstalling the game did not really help you, please, get in touch: suporte@odingamestudio.com.br

If you send us an email requesting support, we usually answer pretty quick, but we ask at least 24h to check all emails and answer yours, sometimes it is too much to see and we cannot answer your email in 1h.

Last, but not least, SADLY we are also receiving emails from people that is running pirated versions of the game, where they can only have the first game update and many things starts to happen with their game. So, please, do not be mad if we ask you, by email support, some of your info regarding SteamID, PC specs, etc. We just want to focus in players that really bought the game and are having problems playing it. Thank you for understanding us.

======== MORE NEWS ========

And we have more news about next version (after Monday's update) \o/

- More bug fixes (always fixing)

- Cutscene for ambulance and Tow vehicles (you will be able to see then coming in and out scenes, just a little bit more interacting than today is)

- General: go on and off duty from home or police station

- General: more police stations in other maps

- Player: flashlight option, with new animations and turning on and off

- Player: medal system, where your character will receive medals based on their actions

- Vehicles: one more type of siren for all 4 vehicles

We will have more content coming soon and we will announce as soon as we decide which ones will include.

Thank you again for all of you that is playing the game and also the ones who is helping us by sending all information for bug fixing and testing the game with us.

Have a nice weekend.

IMO from what I've read on this game, it still feels much like an early-access/for-profit beta.  They are slowly fixing issues, but the game it's self is rather bugged at it's core mechanics.  The game is quite repetitive and the logic of progression is kind of off tilt, but that aside if you're really hard-pressed for a "police simulator" that isnt totally realistic and kind of repetitive, this may do it for you.  Most sims are repetitive so that's kind of how they go, but imo this one is just a bit too much of the same, the GTA police mods probably give you a more finished/polished result than this particular game does.

IMO from what I've read on this game, it still feels much like an early-access/for-profit beta.  They are slowly fixing issues, but the game it's self is rather bugged at it's core mechanics.  The game is quite repetitive and the logic of progression is kind of off tilt, but that aside if you're really hard-pressed for a "police simulator" that isnt totally realistic and kind of repetitive, this may do it for you.  Most sims are repetitive so that's kind of how they go, but imo this one is just a bit too much of the same, the GTA police mods probably give you a more finished/polished result than this particular game does.

Thanks for your opinion. I think I won't buy it because there are too many bad/not good enough reviews.