randomperson139

Emergency 5 at Gamescom

Well, most of my friends her also won't play a german game, in india there friends  won't play a German game, in China they won't play a German game  etc etc.  So i dont see the point of making for every country a city, i think it's good how it is right now, and indeed like every other emergency, the rest have to come from the modding comunity.

Well it will be interesting to see how well this game sells.  I hope that it does well.

Without actually playing the game, it's hard to pass judgement.  But I haven't seen anything on the youtube streams that makes me want to spend my money......yet.  Again, as an American firefighter, we do things differently than Europeans do.   Interior firefighting is prevalent here.  It seems strange to me that this game has "progressed" over the years, but things like climbable ladders, breakable windows, interior search and rescue, smoked up rooms, forcible entry, etc have not been added.

Again, it is very early, but when I heard that this game was coming out with a new version, I felt that a new game engine would begin to employ some of these things.  My question is how has this series actually progressed?  Raf and Dyson have added roof ventilation and PASS devices.  They have added interior firefighting.  You would think that these enhancements would have been added by the developer in this version.  Fire on the 4th floor?  We need an aerial ladder to access the floor to rescue trapped victims.  This job is so much more that just pulling up and squirting water out of a hose....

The bottom line is that I want to play how I would do things in real life.  I want to think and use real world tactics.  I would like real world situations and scenerios.  So far, all that I have seen is a better looking version of the same old game.  Where are the improvements?

To be honest, I aint convinced about EM5 yet. Graphics are pretty and all, but I haven't read much about actual gameplay improvements over Emergency 3/4 besides some very minor changes you could tell from the videos. Looks like they were mostly focused on improving graphics, yet gameplay remains pretty much the same. The video's gave me a 'been there done that' feeling, because of the way you gotta interact in the game. Imo, gameplay is more important than some neat graphics, and thats exactly the only thing people are apparently excited about. "oooh, it looks so good, instant buy"

Hopefully the modding capabilities are at least as accessible as in EM4, but we'll see. An improved editor doesn't necessarely mean you can do more stuff. Nor that it means that it will be easier to build mods. Looks like the editor will be more accessible to newbee modders, but new models (kinda the first thing you need to build a mod right?) still need to be made by someone with moddeling experience. With improved graphics that will actually be at least a little more complex than it was in EM4/3, don't you think? Besides that, modders will be dependable of third-party 3D software to build new models, and hopefully the game uses a compatible 3D-model format.

We'll see if the finished gameplay will be as much as improvement as the graphics appear to be. I just hope there's AT LEAST a way to convert EM4's model format to whatever format the new game uses.

Just my 2 cents.

Hoop

I couldn't agree more.  Gameplay is the key.  I hope they don't go the way of EA Sports and Madden and provide nice decorative icing on an old cake. / 8

I'm looking forward to changes/improvements in gameplay and they need to show this before the release.  

I think to add to what hoppah and others have said, it may look nice but everyone is saying the editor is going to be awesome and have so much more control it'll be so easy to pick up and learn. I feel like it's the same game with some spit and shine, and we have lost the main features which we all asked for which were more features more complex gameplay strategy. Until I'm proven otherwise on and after the release I'm focusing on EM4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its extremely unfair to say they're being cheap and lazy... it is by all means no where near cheap or easy to create a game based on a completely different and new engine. As I said before, we've not seen a lot-. what we have seen is mostly the same thing repeated again and again by different people. Give it some time and when they're ready to release some official info then it would be best to comment on the quality of the game.

But I do see a problem with this... see if they changed things I guarantee you there would be people upset over the fact that things aren't as they were, so in a way they can't really win... even then we don't know what they've changed, by the looks of screenshots and information people can be handcuffed now... which is nice.

This is something new, pedestrians are now somewhat simulated and are no longer just aimlessly walking about, also that they can ogle scenes is a great idea as It was very basically hinted in EM4, now pedestrians seem to have somewhat of life in them. Also its confirmed that vehicles will pull over to responding emergency vehicles.

About the ability to toggle both lights and sirens... I agree I don't know why they still haven't given that ability and I do really hope they read these messages and add that ability into the base game.

And like theparanoid said, this isn't a game based on American responders, its based on European responders and as such they develop their game that way, that is where creators come in and modify the game to simulate American responder styles (or any other country) rather then the European/German style the base game comes with. 

I agree we have had a limited view.  But that 180 degree turn kind of killed the slight hint of vehicle AI that was approaching at the corner.  I found that move disappointing.  But... as someone said it may have been an Alpha demo and they didn't require the detail for what they were doing.  I don't know.   

I for one don't expect them to implement everything. But it would be nice if what they have upgraded will allow US to implement various things requested.

Yes cuffing prisoners is very important.  It will be interesting to see interactions between our units and people in many situations.   

You said they will pull over for emergency vehicles?  I'd like to see how the implemented this as well.  Because it will mean traffic AI has to be much much smarter.

Good pit about it being a European responders game.  I had to accept that.  I am glad I found out about the Modding because otherwise I don't think I would have continued to play.

I will say I'm very happy the missions will be part of our regular gameplay. Keeps things flowing. What will be really interesting is if  they "missions" will have variety built in.  Lets say the missing child mission as an example.  Will it always be the same mission missing in the woods or where ever?  Or will there be variety so it isn't the same old mission that we all can easily solve.  The same with the accidents. I don't mind building some, but the game already does simulate accidents with signal light failure and rail crossing failures. Randomly define a spawn car as an accident vehicle.  Then if the condition is met it creates an accident. Define it as (mechanical, drunk driver, distracted driver, youth, joy ride, etc...) and with another random value the accident will take place.  So mechanical might be brake failure and when that time goes off it loses its AI to brake normally and smashes another vehicle.  It doesn't have to be an exploding vehicle though it would be interesting to have hazardous vehicles involved in accidents where we have roadway hazardous incidents.   This tagging be applied in so many ways.  Trains. Metros. Airlines. Construction.  Whatever can happen in those areas could be tagged and it could happen.  And of course we could control how often that could occur at one time, etc... 

It appears the map editor will reduce map modeling in a major way, but we will see if they have addressed being able to create the unusual. 

Modeling... just make it where people can model in their favorite program that is popular: Maya, Lightwave, Autodesk, etc... 

I hope the map is TRULY bigger as a whole and NOT bigger as in parts.  I'm feeling uneasy about that as well.

I can't wait to see what events they have added as well as if they have provided more LEVELS of status options. "A person has fallen down" Ok. Respond and they don't always have to be taken away.  I doubt we will see any true investigative aspects of the game.  That would be nice, but I doubt it.   Also more options on playing the game with hints. I would really like the option of turning off icon flagging the criminals. I'd rather figure it out.  And please no arsonist who just stands by the building. / 8

The one thing that I don't understand is why they didn't build or contract to build an American version of this game to be shipped at release? A Boston, FDNY, Chicago, or Los Angeles version would have been a huge hit here in the US. I have zero desire to play the German version. This means that I have to hope and wait for some team to build a map of a city that I am interested in playing. If I was the developement team, I would have anticipated this and would have sold a US version right out of the gate. The US city mods have been very popular. Why not build them into the game? Then modders could tweak the maps and apparatus as they saw fit....

You bring up a very good point.  Considering the popularity they should at the very least use a MOD DEMO along side it to showcase customization capabilities. 

I mean that is an important aspect of the game.  Why not market it out?  They can't do that using the basic game everyone is given.    And they don't have to create an all out MOD.  Just something that showcases the flexibility it has for MODDERS. /8

Everyone thinks  the US markt is big, but who says a indian markt isnt bigger (just a random example). Its more simpler to just hold it on german cities, because i as a Duch fan (He also said we are one of the biggest fan cumunicty's) Would like to see Amsterdam in the mod etc. and what US city would they make, it's imposible to make that choice, i think it is wise just to let it like this.

I agree with selling it like this but because it has modding capabilities, which for me is unique, I believe you have to market it in the demos.    I don't think that is asking too much.  Just like a SUV with folding down 2 row seats.  You see this. You don't just read that they can be folded down.    I think they should show this by demo.  Hopefully we will see more as time gets closer.

Well it will be interesting to see how well this game sells.  I hope that it does well.

Without actually playing the game, it's hard to pass judgement.  But I haven't seen anything on the youtube streams that makes me want to spend my money......yet.  Again, as an American firefighter, we do things differently than Europeans do.   Interior firefighting is prevalent here.  It seems strange to me that this game has "progressed" over the years, but things like climbable ladders, breakable windows, interior search and rescue, smoked up rooms, forcible entry, etc have not been added.

Again, it is very early, but when I heard that this game was coming out with a new version, I felt that a new game engine would begin to employ some of these things.  My question is how has this series actually progressed?  Raf and Dyson have added roof ventilation and PASS devices.  They have added interior firefighting.  You would think that these enhancements would have been added by the developer in this version.  Fire on the 4th floor?  We need an aerial ladder to access the floor to rescue trapped victims.  This job is so much more that just pulling up and squirting water out of a hose....

The bottom line is that I want to play how I would do things in real life.  I want to think and use real world tactics.  I would like real world situations and scenerios.  So far, all that I have seen is a better looking version of the same old game.  Where are the improvements?

I'm hoping for the same thing.  They need to keep the interest of the modding community.  I'm sure even they will get bored just replacing models of their city without being able to provide much of what we are asking for. 

I'm not a firefighter but I worked with a volunteer and we discussed the work. And being on the scene of a hitch cab trailer fire amazed me with how far the effect of the heat and smoke is.   

When it comes out I know I'm going to design my commands similar to LA 1.9 where units call other units. But I want to do it from the vehicle selection.  I think a selected vehicle should have radio capabilities so when highlighted it should be able to call for other units rather than having to wait until someone exits the vehicle.

And with some study I hope to make the Fire Chief and EMS Captain more significant than they are. But we will see.