Xplorer4x4

Voice Actor?

Goodluck finding people who speak clearly who actually want to do the voice acting, most ppl are stingy with their voices... I always wanted to git Mike tyson to do my voice acting, sadly his agents never got back to me.

Damn you, that actually would be totally awesome if that could happen, I'd so have him doing my dispatches if I could.. lmfao, anywho I've borrowed your topic long enough =)  Anyone who can speak clearly and concise in english and isnt skurred of having their voiceover in a mod, especially if you are Morgan Freeman gimme a call, anyone else, yeah xplorer here can definately use ya.

I'll give it a shot for you, if you'd like.  I also have some recordings on my old computer of LAFD dispatches and radio traffic, if you know what you need.

I believe there is some legal issues about using recordings but if you want to post three recordings, just some rerecordings of current LA Mod call outs(PD back ups, 10 codes, etc) I will listen and see what I think. I guess my last volly got mad because I asked for samples rather then out right telling them what i wanted and need.when they have only 9 posts. However, I like to retain a certain level of perfection in my mods. I have a feeling you will do just fine though with asking for samples and such. ;)

What you do is make a Script of the different sound bites you need them to perform, written 100% as you want them spoken, if that means getting someone to sit there and listen to real world LA emergency traffic then such is life if you want realism... For me I'd want  things like "got another junkie down again, we gna need PM31 to roll"  But we all know professionalism when it comes to gov was never my thing.

Yeah I am just doing some recordings as test bytes to see how people sound. No one wants to hear a 12yo whose thingies havent dropped doing police call outs. Once I PM the actual needed info to the person it will be more scripted with some room for wiggle as I like to try to give people some reasonable amount of artistic freedom. It sounds more realistic to here the word um dropped in from time to time then hear some one read the script word for word.

I'd have em speak the same line (s) even for a try out, that way you know their abilities, someone who can read clearly from the same set will stand out from the rest, just having em record Hi i'm mike and I'm a recovering philanthropist, I used to give money to good causes, now I put the money to a better cause.. My wallet.  Then having tito say he wants a pony just doesnt give much to compare.  Giving them the same basic 10 lines or so to try saying is a good way to know what they can do... Every region has an accent, you don't want someone who is supposed to be from LA having a MN draw on half the words, thou that could be hillarious from time to time, or worse a canadian accent, eh?

Good point Mikey! Thansk for pointing that out. As for accents, correct me if I am wrong but LA is a very diverse city? Surely it is not to uncommon to run in to some accents, but i guess not so much in this line of work. I will get scripts made up ASAP(24 hours hopefully).

Truth is most major cities are fairly diverse, but in general they tend to have the locals doing dispatch because they are understandable to the populace, the key with dispatch is that everyone can understand them, so they favor people who have the ability to speak clearly.. IF You've called tech support in this country before I'm sure, you know what I mean by totally impossible to understand..  Would not do to have someone heavy accented to the area doing dispatch and having people like um what? when it comes to emergencies in particular.

Truth is everyone everywhere is accented to a point, but some of them are really really bad and can cause the word they are saying to sound like something else.. Generally accents show on certain words very notably.  Oil/Boil, Owl, Crawl, Water, Ocean, Canteen, Vehicle, Bowl, anything with ing on the end bearing for ex... You'll run into most accents on these types of words, and unless its totally impossible to understand I'd let it slide.

Truth is everyone everywhere is accented to a point, but some of them are really really bad and can cause the word they are saying to sound like something else.. Generally accents show on certain words very notably.  Oil/Boil, Owl, Crawl, Water, Ocean, Canteen, Vehicle, Bowl, anything with ing on the end bearing for ex... You'll run into most accents on these types of words, and unless its totally impossible to understand I'd let it slide.

Down here, I get a lot of cracks about how I say road when dispatching. Apparently my western PA/OH accent just sound weird to Marylanders. Still, they don't give me anywhere near as hard a time as the guy from upstate NY.

@Xplorer: If you want a standardized set of lines just let me know, I'll hold off posting anything until you make a decision.

1). Unit 583 en route to dunkin donuts call is code 3, requesting backup.

2). Box call 73 unit 29 respond to structure fire at 400 mobile avenue.

3). Paramedic 17 respond to victim trapped in a booth at golden corral, victim apparently overate.

4). Unit 21/Unit 65 respond to a traffic collision at the intersection of 4th and 10 street, possible trapped victims on scene.

5). All units be advised a 1993 White Ford Bronco seen on the 101, suspect is evading pursuing units, assistance requested. :D

6). Attempted Robbery 7-11 on the Corner of 10th and 50th Street, suspect last seen heading east wearing a white hoodie and blue jeans, suspect believed armed, use caution.

7). I shot the sheriff... but I did NOT shoot the deputy.

8). All units respond to a riot in progress on the corner of 20th and 77th streets, suspects throwing owls at the responding officers backup requested.. (damn treehuggers using owls to further their cause).

9). Hazmat respond to an oil spill at the shell on the corner of 5th and 149th street, a tanker is leaking fuel oil.

10). Probable gas leak at the mcdonalds on the corner of 7th and 14th street, be advised use caution.

11). Paramedic 67/unit 48 respond to possible suicide attempt, victim is outside of taco bell on the corner of 5th and 88th street, victim last seen eating borrito.

Things like this will test people's depth of speech and if they can clearly speak on just about anything.

1). Unit 583 en route to dunkin donuts call is code 3, requesting backup.

2). Box call 73 unit 29 respond to structure fire at 400 mobile avenue.

3). Paramedic 17 respond to victim trapped in a booth at golden corral, victim apparently overate.

4). Unit 21/Unit 65 respond to a traffic collision at the intersection of 4th and 10 street, possible trapped victims on scene.

5). All units be advised a 1993 White Ford Bronco seen on the 101, suspect is evading pursuing units, assistance requested. :D

6). Attempted Robbery 7-11 on the Corner of 10th and 50th Street, suspect last seen heading east wearing a white hoodie and blue jeans, suspect believed armed, use caution.

7). I shot the sheriff... but I did NOT shoot the deputy.

8). All units respond to a riot in progress on the corner of 20th and 77th streets, suspects throwing owls at the responding officers backup requested.. (damn treehuggers using owls to further their cause).

9). Hazmat respond to an oil spill at the shell on the corner of 5th and 149th street, a tanker is leaking fuel oil.

10). Probable gas leak at the mcdonalds on the corner of 7th and 14th street, be advised use caution.

11). Paramedic 67/unit 48 respond to possible suicide attempt, victim is outside of taco bell on the corner of 5th and 88th street, victim last seen eating borrito.

Things like this will test people's depth of speech and if they can clearly speak on just about anything.

Funny how relevant OJ still is after this many years lol! Thanks for the scripts brotha(Hey Hulk Hogan embodied America back in his day)!

Ehh it was a memorable moment for most people in america, not every day you see a low-speed pursuit, let alone one with a quasi celeb.