PFAexplorer

Adding a new ambulance

Hey guys, I am trying to add an ambulance from one mod into a modded version of the LA mod I have. I would like to use it to replace the vintage ambulance; I have gotten the model to show up in the editor, I the doors and lights came with it. The wheels I had to add, but the light bar itself, and the LED light housing (not the actual lights in the editors) are missing from the cab/grille, and the rear turn signals and brake lights are not present. Help?

The lights were childs in the other modification that you got the ambulance from, check under childs in that mod and you will likely find the parts elsewhere for those things.

thats just the problem childs can be placed separately from the car they are applied to, what you do is look for the childs applied to the vehicle within the editor under childs, once you know that A. there are childs, and B. the child's filenames, you can either use the search feature of windows to look for them in the mod folder, or manually look in the folders... Most people keep them in mods\modname\models\

from there it can be under objects or vehicles depending on the mod and how organized they are in their setup.

fantastic. I found it, one last issue, it shows up in the editor, lights, childs, skin, etc. The wheels are there; but they have no skins. they are white. The corresponding V3O files are in the correct models folder (the same location from the mod I pulled them from) but still no skins..

Either the Texture is missing, or you renamed the texture to something else other than what the V3Os reference it to, open the V3O in notepad and look for the SRF lines, read the texture names in there and you can change them to match the filename you gave the textures then save it, or open it in zmod 2 and reassign the texture that way....