I've been looking at ordering my own fire gear to train for getting in the fire service, what site would you recommend for in the UK? Or what companies are in the UK? As I'm fairly new to buying gear what should price range should I look for, a whole set excluding helmets, boots and gloves. (preferably structural gear) 

Thanks in advance 

-FFMeredith

if you can find some sort of surplus auction, you could probably get a set for cheap, and would suit your needs. I'd also recommend just getting something along the lines of a weighted vest instead. It would be much cheaper, and still provide you the feel of carrying around the extra weight. I'd go for a 30 lbs (13.6 kg) vest.

I have to agree. If you're using it to train to apply to the fire department, who will supply your gear, go out, find out what the departments in your area wear, and most importantly, what it weighs, and train with that on. 

I know in my area, the boots are about kg a piece, and the overall weight of the gear, helmet included is probably another 10 kg. Buy some gloves that are too large, or perhaps just a few pairs on at one, and get some kind of mask that inhibits vision similar to a SCBA mask. This will allow you to prepare a lot cheaper than buying full obsolete gear. If you're not looking to get the feel so much as the physical strength, you could always do the weighted vest, put some weights on your ankles, and fill a backpack with weights to simulate SCBA. Here, our largest tanks, when full will add an additional 15-25kg to your person. 

I just did a quick google search, and the most expensive options I could find for 100kg of weights (I over estimated) and the appropriate things, including a backpack to put them in, a vest, and ankle straps, it still didn't even break $300. Much better investment imo.

(I train in the summer by running in regular gym clothes, with the exception of a backpack I wear weighted down with about 10kg-50kg of weight, depending on the day)