Xplorer4x4

Float dx

So looking in the battalion chief call script, I see things like this:

if(Station1)                {                                    v.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_GATES, Caller, 5, false);                    float dx = 1050.f, dy = 0.f, dz = 0.f;

What is float dx?

Seems to be manually setting coordinates for something. I don't have a copy of LA mod on me at the moment could you post the script file? (nor do I have EM4 on this computer) If I can look at the whole thing I might be able to figure it out.

From what I can see:

dx, dy, and dz are all be initialized as floats (decimal numbers). while dy and dz are initialized with a starting value of 0.0, I don't see why dx is 1050.0.

In case you didn't realize:

dx, dy, dz refer to 3d coordinate (at least that is my guess based upon the names). X-axis  (dx), Y-axis (dy), Z-axis (dz). Why d? Perhaps d means displacement?

From the looks of it, it's getting a distance value, comparing that to a location (the position of a vehicle), and then adding that position and the distance together for another location value used for the vehicle to move to. I've changed it so that different vehicle spots will pull out of the station further or closer, which fixes the 3rd ambulance from getting stuck in FS1, and keeping the vehicles from moving too far out in the road before their push move.