Dutycalls

Question about MPS units...

I came across a metropolitan police 4x4 parked by London City airport with the letters CCH or CHH on the the side of the car towards the back end. This question may sound stupid, but does anyone know what role it has (e.g. IRV, Area, Traffic)? That being said, there were officers inside carrying H&K mp5's with scopes, so I thought it may have been a ARV.

Yea i would say it was SO18 its unlikely it was BTP EDIT: after looking into it further it does sound like SO18 as majority of the 400 officers in the unit are Firearm trained. This also suggests it "Armed Response Airport Vehicles patrol the entry and exit points to the main terminal buildings and the perimeter roads only" - Wikipedia Aviation Security Operational Command Unit

hope it helps

Airports Armed Response Vehicle as said above - London City Airport use Mitsubishi Shoguns whereas Heathrow use BMW X5's and 525D's. Crewed by normal SCO19 officers so they can respond to calls outside of airports as well if needed.

This is the vehicle you saw :)

8415769205_a260810f90_z.jpg

*crap magician* *is this the car you saw?"

Oh, I see in the US all cops are armed. Unless your a mall cop. lol

In America, it could be. However there's other places in the world where they don't have as major issues with crime and guns as America. If memory serves, I think places like England where they don't have regular armed officers do in fact have less incidents of weapons abuse.