999madtom

Emergency scenario (What would you do?)

Your patrolling on a highway when you see a cowboy riding his horse. When you attempt to stop him he goes on and makes the horse go faster. He is not a threat to anyone. What would you do? Animal control? 

I saw a video of a horse running wild so the cops got professional cowboys to lasoo the horse. This scenario, there is someone on the horse so lasooing won't work.

Your an officer sitting in your car typing reports on the computer when a man suddenly takes out a crowbar and starts hitting your window. After several shots the window starts to crack. What would you do?

I'd call in dispatch then point my gun at him

First I would tell him to stop then ask for assistance. If he does not stop start the engine and drive around the corner and get my tazer out then go back and arrest him.

Police: Your sitting in your patrol car and you see a kid fall of a skateboard and smash his head on a grid rail. You start walking over and a woman comes up to you and says some teenagers is lobbing eggs and apples at her window. What would you do?

I would call an ambulance tell the other kids to look after him until I get back and run to her house scare off the teenagers and then run back look after the kid until medic's arrive then go find the teenagers. 

I would stay with the kid too because injuries are more important than windows that can be cleaned. I'll deal with the people throwing eggs later and if they had ran away I would tell the lady the kid needed medical attention.

I've got one.

You're an officer on duty but unavailable. You're eating lunch at a coffee shop when 5 armed men burst in with rifles. You're armed but with a 9mm pistol. There's an unlikely chance of you beating them. You could call for backup but the armed robbers aren't letting anyone call 911 so you're almost screwed for using your radio. What do you do?

I've got one.

You're an officer on duty but unavailable. You're eating lunch at a coffee shop when 5 armed men burst in with rifles. You're armed but with a 9mm pistol. There's an unlikely chance of you beating them. You could call for backup but the armed robbers aren't letting anyone call 911 so you're almost screwed for using your radio. What do you do?

Are you wearing a uniform?

I've got one.

Press my man-down button and immediately turn the radio off.  Try to get behind a counter and then yell "Everyone on the ground!" (for the civvies, not the gunmen), and open fire.

Your a HIOW (http://www.hiow-airambulance.org.uk/) helimed (air ambulance) controller and you get two calls from ambulance dispatch. 1. A person in a very remote part of the new forest(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Forest)  fallen of a horse and possible spinal injurys. 2. An ambulance crew screaming for an air ambulance for a child witth spinal injurys after being hit by a 4x4. Your decision where to send this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgXOFYZVXjk

I've got one.

Turn off the volume, and press the emergency button on the radio...

As for the Medevac... under our system neither would be an immediate patient for flight based on those criteria. The pediatric trauma would be the more significant MOI and likely higher priority. The first subject if stable, minus, spinal issues, can be transported via ground with no significant issues.

You are a Swedish police officer (this mean you are two in the patrol car).

The night shift has just start and you and your mate has just stop to gas up.

on the gas station a man is very nervous and has trouble with his car.

You leave the patrol car (your mate stays in it) and walk to the man.

At first the man just look strange at you but when you get closer to help him with the car he try to reach something on the seat that looks like a weapon.

You have to act fast!

Whip out my pistol (If the Swedish have them, if not then a taser) and jump on the man, shouting all the while telling him to keep his arms above his head. I'd shout to my partner to detain him while i check the vehicle. If it is indeed a weapon charge him with attempted assault of a officer/murder. I don't really know what i'd charge him with but i'm guessing its that.

Your a traffic officer and your booking someone for using a mobile/cell phone and you get a call from control for a Major crash (Lorry vs Motorcycle. Local units are on scene but requesting traffic as the cars are backing up. Another traffic unit is responding but it is 10 miles/16.09 km away. The first ambulance is requesting Helimed/Medivac/Air ambulance.) What do you stay with the driver or let them off and respond.

Depends what stage of writing the ticket you're at, if you've started - finish, if you haven't stern talking to then go. Also, local units are not incapable of blocking roads, moving cones and directing traffic, so it's not a massive priority.

The OC-D