MFDHoward

Westerly Fire Department Modification [School Project | WIP ]

njHl5Ol.png

WARNING: This modification is based on real life volunteer fire departments. All events/missions dipicated in this modification are intended not to represent any actual fires or lose of property or life in the town of Westerly. This modification is made as a beginner project as a programmer in college and a border line modeler. I am learning how to program and increase my current modeling skll with this.

About me: I have been a volunteer firefighter since my early years of high school. I played 911 First Responders in my free time and with friends. I grew a love for my department(s) that I work with everyday.

About the mod: I am a volunteer firefighter in this town of Westerly,Rhode Island. I will provide 100% Accuracy to the units such as Westerly Police Department and the surrounding Fire Departments.

Westerly, Rhode Island is a small beautiful town in the smallest state. We have a population of just 15,000 people with several close fire districts. The main departments in town are Westerly Fire, Dunns Corners, Watch Hill and Misquamicut Fire. This mod is in dedication of ever single member of these departments and the work they do. I work all these departments on a daily basis and they are my brothers and sisters. In total our departments run over 5,000-10,000 Calls a year with our very own Ambulance Corps and EMT Division out of Dunn's Corners Fire Department. More to come in the future as I learn more how to start developing for this game.

This started out as movie but now has the possiblity to become a modification for wonderful 911 First Responders.

216540_1703874445720_7343145_n.jpg

How have you been a firefighter since your early days at high school?

I'm not having a pop, just interested.

In the UK you have to be at least 18 to be a firefighter. Is it different in the US?

I'm assuming early days of high school are ages such a very early teens?? Surely they don't accept firefighters that young? Even as volunteers? My understanding is that volunteers are the same as retained firefighters in the UK, except they don't get paid at all.

Again, I'm not having a go, I'm just interested?

Kind regards

E34P

Being a cadet isn't the same as being an actual Volunteer firefighter though surely? You don't go on fire calls as a cadet, like a Volunteer would.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

E34P

Being a cadet isn't the same as being an actual Volunteer firefighter though surely? You don't go on fire calls as a cadet, like a Volunteer would.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

E34P

nah well I don't think so haha I think they can use training towers but meh haha back to topic lol

I started when I was in High School, some of the "Juniors" as they were called were actually better than the adults. They were certainly more reliable, they could not have lights until they were 18 but they still helped a bunch. Anyways back to topic, do you have any pictures of your work to post?

Right now guys I am trying to establish a base for the mod. You see 90% of the time when westerly rolls out for a structure fire their first due mutal aid department is in another town...in another state because it is literally just over a small town bridge. I might not include the other volunteer departments but only include Westerly and Another department which will be named soon. I will post some work soon.

Heres some videos to show off of some fires recently in the town:

If it's a school project,I guess it would be logical to assume that it's not allowed to have somebody else make a mod for you.

Ugh its a school project being I am in college...learning c++ and then using this mod as a project to memorize what I learn and apply it to something. So if anyone would like to help it is welcomed.

The following units will be developed for Westerly FD:

01_pierce.jpg

engine-2_01.jpg

engine3.jpg

DSCF2409.jpg

94_simon-duplex.jpg

2009_ford.jpg

t3.jpgdecon_trailer.jpg

Ugh its a school project being I am in college...learning c++ and then using this mod as a project to memorize what I learn and apply it to something. So if anyone would like to help it is welcomed.

Cool. Have you come up with new scripts and c++ coding for this game, Howard?

The majority of the fire units you pictured can be taken and skinned from the LA mod fire apparatus,they are virtually the same.No need to waste time modeling something that already exists.

You said you could skin so make changes to those and your fire units will be almost complete and you'll have work to show in your topic.

Good luck.

The majority of the fire units you pictured can be taken and skinned from the LA mod fire apparatus,they are virtually the same.No need to waste time modeling something that already exists.

You said you could skin so make changes to those and your fire units will be almost complete and you'll have work to show in your topic.

Good luck.

I gave thought about it. I'll do it and see how it comes out and if I don't like it I'll post the models I am working on.

Edit: The models are the really similar but they fail in the sense of accuracy such as the pump panels for engine 1 and 2.

I gave thought about it. I'll do it and see how it comes out and if I don't like it I'll post the models I am working on.

Edit: The models are the really similar but they fail in the sense of accuracy such as the pump panels for engine 1 and 2.

Engine 1 and 2 are the only ones,the rest are perfect matches.You only would have to model small things to add to them (example:bumpers,grill and emergency lights)

The ladder model from the la mod just needs the bucket gone and it's a close match to yours..

Personally right now I am modeling all the trucks but have no idea how to get the programs to script and what language its in. I have looked for tutorials and can't find crap.

This is the tone that will go off when calls come in on the mod.

http://www.westerlyfire.com/graphics/wfdtones.wav

All day I run a recording software from a scanner to record all calls we have everyday when we roll out. The calls I go on everyday could turn into real calls into the mod so stand by for some examples. Also, if anyone would like to help out...I need it and I have the resources to make this one of the most accurate volunteer department mods out there.