goog

zmodeler issue...converting polys to quads

Hi guys,

I recently was trying to reduce the poly count on a vehicle by right clicking on the unit and converting the polys to quads.The vehicle was now half the size as the original poly model.

After making the changes I exported the model to desktop and imported back to zmodeler and the changes were not saved and the original high poly count model was back.

I know how to import and export so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem also I imported nnico's cvpi to see if it was a model specific problem. I tried to convert it to quads and it also would not save the new changes on the exported model.

Any more experienced modelers that may have ideas or solutions to this issue please post your thoughts.

any help is appreciated,thanks.

Yes, I exported it with the same name and still the exported model reverts back to previous high poly model.I even tried it with the lower poly nnico cvpi and I get the same results.

EDIT-I sent you a PM cops.

When exporting to .v3o, all squares automatically get converted to triangles. .V3o does not support quads at all. Its pointless anyway, because v30's are vertex-based. A quad contains 4 vertices, so do 2 triangles that make 1 square.