rafaelmfernandez

GTA IV People Models in EM4

I'm going to be using Zmodeller 3 to see if I can efficiently transfer people models from GTA IV to EM4 as I have done with buildings in the past. If I can get it to work I will replace the Police, Firefighters and EMS with those models to add a big realism point. I have looked at GTA Models in the past and they seem pretty simple to work with. Only place I can see being stuck in the road would be reworking the bones and recycling the hundred animations that EM4 has. Zmodeller is going to be working with me the whole way through. If I Manage to get this working ill be sure to share with you guys the difficulty and problems/solutions or if its even possible. Wish me luck on expanding my modding knowledge!

I'm pretty sure this is very much impossible. There is no way to "rework the bones" and "recycle the animations". Besides, the GTA 4 characters have bones of their own.

Even if it could be done, you have to take into consideration the staggering amount of polies in GTA 4 versus EM4. I'm pretty sure that would murder the game engine in a matter of seconds.

Unless of course you know something I don't. But I doubt it. So don't get your hopes up for nothing.

I'm pretty sure this is very much impossible. There is no way to "rework the bones" and "recycle the animations". Besides, the GTA 4 characters have bones of their own.

Even if it could be done, you have to take into consideration the staggering amount of polies in GTA 4 versus EM4. I'm pretty sure that would murder the game engine in a matter of seconds.

Unless of course you know something I don't. But I doubt it. So don't get your hopes up for nothing.

Along with the GTA HD models is merged a lower poly model which GTA uses on buildings, animations and all other models. Anyways I spoke to the Zmodeller guy and he said this very much possible so that is what Im going off of. No plans as of yet to use these for public use but just doing tests to see what we can do with the new Zmod.

Good luck. I'll believe it when I see it, but we're talking about the game where the only known method to animate objects or add anything to a person model is to mess around for hours with lines of code.

Oh, some points I have to work with the EM4 Engine till I faceplant the keyboard.. Anyways Ill let you know if I fail miserably or not. Im not promising anything but since ZMOD 3 Just came out and has the lengthened ability to edit people models, ill check out what I can do.

Thats just an example of some animation tests I did a couple of years back for fun. Hopefully I can animate our Ladder Supports now.

I don't have gta or gta ped models to test, so i've used the model from ETS.

post-39405-0-84727500-1361212064_thumb.j

the left one is original civilman01.v3o

the right is a replacement model

something is wrong with my screenrecorder, so just three shots instead of a video:

post-39405-0-72619700-1361212121_thumb.j

but it walks and runs fine with standard animation.

Also, i'm not very sure about the TS idea about porting animations, I suppose EM4 uses it's own pre-defined set of animations, right?

I don't have gta or gta ped models to test, so i've used the model from ETS.

post-39405-0-84727500-1361212064_thumb.j

the left one is original civilman01.v3o

the right is a replacement model

something is wrong with my screenrecorder, so just three shots instead of a video:

post-39405-0-72619700-1361212121_thumb.j

but it walks and runs fine with standard animation.

Also, i'm not very sure about the TS idea about porting animations, I suppose EM4 uses it's own pre-defined set of animations, right?

Woah, thats pretty cool man! Awesome job