Stan

Happy Birthday Emegrency-Planet!

Dear community,

In all that maintenance work of the past week we forgot to announce something. Even though we are on the late side we feel we should not let this event go by without any word.

5 days ago, on 14th of November, the site had its birthday. Now exactly 5days and 7 years ago Emergency-planet opened its doors for the first time. We had up and downs and yet we are still here.

Happy 7th Birthday Emergency-Planet!

At this point we would like to thank our visitors and members for their great support in those 7greath years and let's all go on to another 7greath years! THANK YOU!

And now, being the Webmaster I would like to thank some other persons for their great work. A big thank you to the moderators for the work they have done in all this time. Another big thank you goes to Dakota for migrating the old main site with the forum.

[READ MORE FOR MORE NEWS]Along with this I want to explain what we are doing to slow down the spam.

First of all our spam monitor license has been reactivated. This monitor compare each registration to a database and denies or lets the registration go through depending on the warnings it receives from the database.

Then, we use captcha and a security question on registration. Certain domains have been blocked from registration as those are known as being 90% spammers.

Here a short example on how the registration and first time use would work from next week:

- You arrive on this site as visitor

- You start your registration

- You enter the captcha code and human test

- You register as a member to the site

- Your registration is checked with the spam monitor and is given an ok

- You now validate your account by mail

- You are now placed in the membergroup "Newbees"

- You make your first post

- Your post is validated by a moderator or admin

- You get moved to the group "members" automaticly

Basically the "Newbee" group is under total control of the staff and therefore we should be able to top the spam before you members read it.

There's just one BUT in this whole story...The Website support forum will stay open for guest posts as this is the only place where members that have account issues can report them without the need for making a new account.

IDEAS? SUGGESTIONS? COMMENT!

Click here to view the article

• på dansk: Når jeg spiller emergency 4 mod Copenhagen 1.1 når jeg spiller i 2 minutter så lukker mig emergency bar ned ;( hjælp tak :)

in English: When I play emergency 4 against Copenhagen 1.1 when I play for 2 minutes then let me emergency bar down; (help please :)

This is the most idiotic post ever, lol.