stevenew95

He spent a week in Heaven

Well I'm not exactly religious and that but i was christened.i think he just thought of it people experience comas in lots of different ways and can wake thinking they have seen the unexplainable but claiming he saw heaven may be wrong the lights and shimmering could have been caused by the meningitis or lights around him when he went into the coma

They say that you shouldn't ever discuss politics or religion if you don't want a fight. I agree, this thread could get nasty really fast. Hopefully, it wont.

I have though about the whole heaven-thing earlier and this is my personal opinion. I don't believe in heaven. When it's over it really is over.

However, I strongly believe in the theory (i read somewhere) that you are more stable mentally if you believe in something, especially life after death. For the human race it is extremely important to believe in a life after death instead of endless nothingness. If you don't believe in life after death and you start thinking about these questions you could easily get unstable and depressed. It's quite obvious why; we don't want to die and we are afraid of death. Religion and life after death is a way to go around that problem of endless nothingness and therefore avoid a lot of stress. The human mind doesn't want to find out that it isn't true and our subconsciousness might work against us (but it might be a good thing).

The human mind is incredibly good in seeing things it wants to see, and people that are strongly religious may see weird stuff, "proof of god", and really believe in it. I believe that this guy Dr. Eben Alexander saw heaven and everything he says he did, but I think that's more of a dream.

Only time will tell wether there is a life after this or not.

They say that you shouldn't ever discuss politics or religion if you don't want a fight. I agree, this thread could get nasty really fast. Hopefully, it wont.

I have though about the whole heaven-thing earlier and this is my personal opinion. I don't believe in heaven. When it's over it really is over.

However, I strongly believe in the theory (i read somewhere) that you are more stable mentally if you believe in something, especially life after death. For the human race it is extremely important to believe in a life after death instead of endless nothingness. If you don't believe in life after death and you start thinking about these questions you could easily get unstable and depressed. It's quite obvious why; we don't want to die and we are afraid of death. Religion and life after death is a way to go around that problem of endless nothingness and therefore avoid a lot of stress. The human mind doesn't want to find out that it isn't true and our subconsciousness might work against us (but it might be a good thing).

The human mind is incredibly good in seeing things it wants to see, and people that are strongly religious may see weird stuff, "proof of god", and really believe in it. I believe that this guy Dr. Eben Alexander saw heaven and everything he says he did, but I think that's more of a dream.

Only time will tell whether there is a life after this or not.

O2pBe.gif