rettungstier

Mid Mount Aerial Ladder (question/idea)

Heeeey! What's up you guys?

I've read the topic "modding concepts" cause I wanna try to create a "mid mount aerial ladder" (correct me if the term's wrong) such as Ladder Company 12 from Manhattan, New York.

My idea was the following:

- create two exact same ladder models

- model-1 will be the "drive-around"-ladder

- model-2 will be the "installing/installed"-ladder

- model-2 will just be declared as "backwards"

- if you want to install the ladder in-game press "install" in vehicles menu

- a script changes and replaces the prototype of model-1 with the prototype of model-2 (like the LAPD motorcycle in LA mod)

- a functional (cause the game thinks it directs the right way) ladder will spawn (model-2)

- once finished fire fighting ^^ same procedure backwards

If I understood some comments in "modding concepts" my idea isn't that new.

Now my question:

Do you guys think this might be possible?

greetz

rettungstier

its certainly possible, but you wouldnt have the ladder movement, just one straight to the other, and you would have to position the ladder in a fixed pose, so any fires not within the pose would kinda look weird if that makes sense. Rather than the install and move around like the aerial :)

its certainly possible' date=' but you wouldnt have the ladder movement, just one straight to the other, and you would have to position the ladder in a fixed pose, so any fires not within the pose would kinda look weird if that makes sense. Rather than the install and move around like the aerial :)[/quote']

No, I think that if you just declare the prototype as a ladder and put al the needed superstructs on it, name them right, that it should just work as a normal Ladder. So that it also turns etc.

No, I think that if you just declare the prototype as a ladder and put al the needed superstructs on it, name them right, that it should just work as a normal Ladder. So that it also turns etc.

Yeah that's what I thought. If you just turn (180 deg) the basic vehicle in zmodeler, save that and import as extra model with another prototype, add the superstructures and just make the original ladder being replaced if you press install by the new prototype it should be functional.

I'm not a bit into scripting, so this is quite impossible for me to though :/