Hi everybody,

I've been away for quite a while, but have come back to the game.

MY PROJECT:

I have always intended to build upon Hoppah's awesome work, and develop a version of the mod that has slightly more realism, and challenging game play. My work focuses specifically on LAFD operations (at least for now).So, I want to make some tweeks to gameplay in a few areas.

Rough Outline:

Phase 1: The Fire Stations

The first task I'm undertaking is altering the fire stations. While Hoppah's system is fun and allows for a huge main fire station...There aren't any stations running 4 engines and 3 ambulances anywhere in LA. So the stations are getting tweaked based on LAFD station layouts.

Station 1

Station one will be a task force station.

Apparatus:

-1 tiller

-2 engines

-1 bls ambulance

-1 als ambulance

-1 battalion chief

-2 slots still left to be filled

This setup offers a closer mimic of a larger LAFD station and is what I think is most appropriate. The remaining slots will be filled with possibly a USAR, Squad, an EMS captain, and/or special support units (like a pickup hauling the medical trailer, or a light truck.)

Station 2

Station two will be an engine company

Apparatus:

-1 assessment engine

-1 bls ambulance

-1 brush patrol

There are several stations in the LAFD with these configurations, the question is whether or not having only one ALS ambulance on a map will be too difficult.

All apparatus on the map will be unique, as will all units in the submod. The player must be diligent, and use limited resources appropriately.

Phase 2: Staffing/equipment

For the sake of gameplay, we have access to most equipment on most vehicles in the game. Equipment access will be restricted to appropriate tools on each truck (engines don't carry jump bags, etc.) Additionally, saffing will be changed to reflect accurate more accurate staffing on units. this also means access to specialized personnel like divers would be restricted, and have to be purchased or dispatched with an appropriate unit. I'll also add a standard captain for the LAFD.

Phase 3: Dispatch System

I've gotten better at scripitng, so I would like to attempt a dispatch system for the LAFD. This system would include a generalized incident command hierarchy. For example: A captain could request a battalion chief or an additional engine. A battalion chief can request an additional light force, or upgrade a vehicle accident to a physical rescue assignment (dispatching HR 56)...Even further, a division commander could request support from other agencies (USFS and LACoFD). Each type of officer would have a unique limited set of dispatch commands equivalent to their role.

I'll likely add the SWR to the last slot in station 1, and one of the engines will be an assessment rig. Station 2 will have the USAR instead of the hazmat,

All trucks will be unique, not just generic ambulances and engines...However, the stations will still be fictitious, because no particular LAFD stations match exactly.

hey LAFD have taskforce stations and single engine stations, taskforces have two engines,one truck,bc,two ambulances,usar or hazmat and other units, single engines have one engine and one ambulance one. in a single engines station ambulance is in front of the engine co.

yeah, the concept I'll be shooting for will be station 1 as a taskforce station and station 2 as a single engine company. I'd like to find more specific apparatus layouts for some of the taskforce stations and single engine stations. The questions I need to find out are how many task force stations (if any) have a brush patrol, and what stations house the SWR trucks. Unfortunately the only reference I can really find for a lot of stuff is station 88, which isn't a typical station.

*Update* I actually managed to find a guide with an apparatus listing for stations...I'll base what the stations have based on these layouts.

Here's an excellent read regarding the changes in the 2011 redeployment plan that went into effect in early July. It has everything you need to know about each station and battalion, even down to the reserve equipment.

http://www.prnc.org/...ymet%20Plan.pdf

Here is also an updated map of the LAFD showing the new battalions and two divisions.

http://navigatela.lacity.org/common/mapgallery/pdf/fire_dept/lafd_sta8x11.pdf

Thanks for the additional info Billy :12:.

Just as an update to the few who are watching this thread...My fire station scripts run very smooth, but have a few snags, not errors, it just seem the game decides it doesn't want to call certain personnel or raise the back doors on my drive-thru bays. So...I'm gonna try and build a new set of scripts (I'll save the old ones too) using the old 1.4 scripts. Hopefully this will make the script much less complicated, however I'm going to have separate fire station commands per station. hopefully this can resolve the last few stupid issues the blinking script is giving me... On the plus side, if this works I'll share the scripts with y'all and it should allow guys who edit their stations have more possibilities...and even easily make additional stations. The only down side for some is that I'm probably gonna pull the stand-by and patrol commands and auto staff commands out of the final project (which all were pretty unrealistic anyways).

Wish me luck

Took a last look at the version 2.0 scripts and managed to resolve the issue with the door not opening on the station, so if i can resolve the last issue with station 1 not wanting to spawn the battalion chief, I will just keep these scripts. But if I can grab some time later, I'll still work on adjusting the earlier scripts.

It's been over a month, so I figured I would provide some updates on what I have done...

Progress: (Near completion)(Work Started)(Not Started)

Fire Station Layouts- I have apparatus laid out (minus those two open slots) in both stations; they spawn and return to the station with no problems. the station gates also work.

Fire Station Alarms- Rather than having a generic alarm button, the station control panels now have unit specific alarms. Station one has alarms for a single engine company,battalion chief, a task force, a light force, and an RA. Station 2 can alarm for a engine company, RA, and brush patrol. These alarms depend upon the units available, so you can only alarm a task force if both engines are in station 1. To reflect LAFD staffing, in station 2, you can only alarm for the brush patrol or ambulance when the both units are in the station.

Staffing- I haven't done a ton in editing the staffing because of the work required to get the stations working has been a pain. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two to complete staffing changes.

Apparatus Skins- All fire units on the map are unique vehicles numbered for their station. i still need to make some skins for the additional RAs, engines, and lightforce available.

LAFD Captain- I have a skin done, just not in game.

Equipment/Staff Distribution-I am slowly changing the distribution of equipment, and the availability of specialty staff like the hazmat firefighters and diver.

Battalion Chief Commands-

Division Commands-

Captain Commands-

mayby its a idea, that is both the RA's are called out you can call 1 or 2 from offmap. Like in real RA from another station is helping out with mass casualties or multiple incedents

My end idea is to have a limited number of units available from off map which would included 3 additional ALS and 3 additional BLS.RA's. I'd like to have the EMS captain able to declare an MCI and trigger a response of multiple units. The problem I'm having currently is I can't get the dispatch scripts to spawn only a specific number of a unit. Insteadit wants to spawn an indefinite amount.

As soon as I can get past that hang up things should come together pretty quick.

It's been a long time...

sorry I've been quiet for a while, but I am still around. The mod progress had stalled because I was really sucking at altering the dispatch scripts for the Battalion Chief. Fortunately, I finally figured out what the heck I needed to do. So, I'll provide you with a little update as to what is currently done.

Station Alarms: (Complete)

Equipment & Staffing Changes: (Started) 85%

Dispatch Commands: (Started) 10%

When I manage to get the concept a little further I would like to release a public or small scale alpha to get impressions from the community. Of course, there is no release date on this yet.

Thank you everyone for the encouragement.

The work towards the first release is progressing. Unfortunately for the Alpha (which I guess would be more appropriately called a Beta), I probably won't be able to have additional specific ambulances. Adding in a more complex spawning script would just take too much time at the moment. I should still be able to limit the number of units for it though, since that is only about 4 lines of scripting. The only one I'm not sure on for this is will be the Battalion Chiefs command for calling the additional light force. By this weekend I'm gonna try to finalize which commands the Captain, Police officer, EMS Captain, and Battalion Chief will have.

Things that will be missing from the Beta:

-Division Commander (his scripts will be more complex)

-EMS Captain MCI command (too much work for the moment)

-Unique off-map ambulances (too much work for the moment)

As for any sort of release date...I'm not gonna commit to one for another week or two.

Will you be in need of any voice actors to record voices that would be heard when the "request Unit to.." Action is used? If so, Please contact me, I'll be more than glad to grab a few friends and record up some voices for you to use.