camhesse1

Red River Rapids ,Michigan Fictional Town

Some more questions about the mod, first I am glad to see that this mod is progressing well and being from a smaller town fire dept I feel that this will be more enjoyable to play than other mods. Will chiefs be able to call in mutual aid units from other districts like tankers or a ladder. Second with it not being a big city will we be able to draft from ponds at all? If possible I think some cool new incidents could be like ice water rescue, or if I am correct your map will have a train line running through it so maybe like a train vs. car or person. Lastly when the calls come in will you be redoing the tone out or keeping the same from Emergency 4? Sorry just a few questions.

No you are fine. 1) There will be (2) chiefs on the map, and each chief will have in turn control over two stations, each having control over a total of 7-8 other vehicles separate from the chief. So most likely, for the first release anyways,  there won't be any mutual aid off map, since you will basically already have two separate depts on the map. Since there will be 16 fire vehicles(14 if you don''t count the chiefs), very seldom will you need other help than that. 2) How I planned to make it is that (if) I can get a scripter, we will have it so that tankers and engines and such will run out of water, but can hook to hydrants in the town, but when they go to rural areas they have to rely on the tankers running back and forth between town and the fire scene. I don't want to say anything about drafting at this time, cause as far as I know, my own dept doesn't have that ability, and I don't know how script-able that is. 3) Not sure on ice water rescue, as that would involve having to have coldness on the map such as snow, and I don't know if I want to make it able to change or not, and I don't think I will have a train, but there will (most) likely be a freeway running through part of the map(hopefully I can map that road well). 4) I do plan on having a new tone as I myself don't really like that tone, nor that la tone anymore. Also, I plan on trying new things with sirens in the first release, where different vehicles will have different orders of sirens, so that it won't be like all of the vehicles responding to a scene would have the same siren going on such as the q, Some will be able to have q some will have yelp, hi lo, etc. There's my explanations in short, thanks for the questions.

Hey Smeal. Since this is a smaller town, the heavy rescue will be a smallish team, it will roll with whatever you want it to roll between 2-6. However, to make it realistic for michigan, it will be automatically staffed for 4 once dispatched and those people will respond to the station in (hopefully) POV's.

ANYWAYS HERES THE UPDATE NVFD PROMISED :)

We still have to get a model for the Rotatory light.

post-25937-0-47634100-1384205528.jpg

post-25937-0-65870100-1384205533.jpg

All 5 models are not done yet. we still need to put the Bubble lights and Pushbars (Maybe) on the Models. And We still need to Work on lighting. I am not in charge of what we do to the Models and such. Im just letting you guys know what I know and SanAndreasFreak I'm not completely sure about the STOP signs. That would be a question for Cam. And Thanks anyways for your guys Support.

The cars look nice, and will look great with the added Rotatory light on the roof.

I don't know how difficult this would be, but did you consider added the "stop" sign that's on the hood? Just a suggestion :)

8490949914_b87328cabd_b.jpg

Like NVFD said, all vehicles coming out are still being worked on. I hope to do the stop thing, it just depends on when my modelor comes back from his military assignment. then hopefully we will be showing off a ton of NEW vehicles... thats RIGHT... NEW VEHICLES. but yet, nvfd is correct that every vehicle is still a potential WIP. 

Excited to see those sheriff and EMS vehicles!

Sheriff are already up on the first page, working on lights atm for those vehicles, ems not sure on exactly what I am going for, if you are wanting a sort of scheme I will look into it, but since its fictional its not gonna be like any dept. 

Your pictures dont work ;)

What pictures are you referring to, cause they do work lol

OK so, I am getting with a few other modders starting today to work on a "double mod" which will be explained in our new forum. I am asking for a mod on this website to PLEASE close this forum. I will be looking for those other people from Michigan, my people.... :) to come over to our other forum to check out what is going on. Double mod? what is that you may ask? well come over to the Forum entitled,  RED RIVER RAPIDS AND YELLOW KNIFE :) (P.S. Thank you Michiganders and all others for supporting this mod)  (P.S.S Thanks you mods for just closing this forum, sorry if this was a convenience).   It will still be continuing on, just in another mod forum post. Will be up shortly :)