SilentPsych2012

NASCAR Mod

I may be new to the community, but i am no stranger to Emergency 4 (i actually have 911: FR but whatever) and i have a good idea. Im not sure how the mods are made or who makes them, but if in the future any new mods are made, can you look into making like a NASCAR mod? Like you get a nascar crash at any track, maby Daytona, Talladega, doesnt matter. You have to clear out wreckage and transport injured drivers to the infield care center, ect...

Thanks

To be honest with you I don't believe this is practical, probrably does not have a ton of followers on this site either way, so I doubt someone will attempt this... Here are the reasons why..

I don't recall but I believe they goto something in the neighborhood of 30 tracks/year, which would mean different local vehicles since the ambulances, the emergency track trucks, and police are all locally supplied.

The tracks nascar tends to race on are banked corners and in most cases straightaways as well, this would be hard to replicate in a manner that the vehicles would be able to pathfind onto the track correctly (not impossible, just very difficult to replicate smooth transitions)

What you propose would be purely mission-based scripting... Most mods don't even have missions for this very reason, they are time consuming and very few people can script complex events taking place, a simple vehicle crash isnt too difficult, but when you have a more complex strand you'd need a really advanced scripter, there just arent alot on this site who can do it... Even fewer probrably would have the appeal to do this.

Making the stock cars themselves isnt a problem but when you look at the immense number of reskins required+the fact this would be mission-based only given all the tracks are spread all over it just probrably won't appeal to modders since most people who play this game enjoy the "sandbox" nature of freeplay far more than missions.

In conclusion, it might very well be possible but if this is something you'd really like to see chances are you'd have to attempt to do it yourself and maybe then you'd be able to pick up followers who could help you do the missions and what not for the tracks... As far as someone wanting to do this idea themselves on their own initiative I just can't see someone doing that, perhaps someone will prove me wrong but I would not count on it.

You can play the LA mod mission of the crash in the racetrack.

THIS IS REALLY NOT PRACTICAL

I LOVE your Idea,but I don't really think many people will attempt this. Just pick one stadium and use whatever city the stadium is in and use their emergency services. Here are some emergencies that could happen besides car wrecks.

1. Crimes like pick pocketing,shoplifting,and fights in the stands and at the NASCAR merchandise store,snack bar,TAILGATE PARTIES!

2.medical emergencies in the stands and inside stores in the stadium

3.Small fires in snack bars or tailgate party grills