Sawdbuster

Adding Vehicles

Look, I read over the tutorials, but when I try to edit the F-350 pick-up for a police truck in my mod, There are three files to it and one of them is an adobe file while the other 2 are models. Anyway when I try to open the file for adobe acrobat, it won't open and a pop up comes up and says I won't open because It comes from a broekn email or the file is broken. :machkaputt:

I just remembered to run It through the dds. converter, (dahh I feel stupid) but, then hit another roadblock, When I click on the file, the converter doesn't pick-up the file, and won't convert it, please, help! :machkaputt:

I'm trying to learn to mod one step at a time and this is my step 2.

right now they are DDS, so I want to reskin the pickup and put it back in.

My problem is that I have no dds files and I need to get them back. If you have not put the "t" after the file name, your not going to be able to convert. Like cv_lapd.dds to "cv_lapdt.v3o.

Oh, and don't forget to run editor and unload the file than after you do that than you change back the file to a dds file. Just make sure when your at editor that you go to the mod your working on.

I love how rude people are when people are trying to help them... IF the vehicle came from the LA mod it has to be made into a V3O before you can even open it using a DDS program or DDS converter, you have to manually change the extension from DDS to V3O and unpack the file IN the editor, then rename the extension BACK to DDS to load it into a DDS converter.

I wasn't trying to be rude,okay, but in the editor that are already V3O, but I got the files from the manual file off of the OS:©/Program Files/Sixteen Tons of Entertainment/Emergency 4/Mods/ LA mod v2.0/Models/Vehicles/Civil, and there.

1. find the DDS file to the model in question you wish to change.

2. you must rename the DDS extension to .V3O so that the editor can read the file as a model file EX: "fordltd01.dds" must become "fordltd01.v3o" but because there is already a fordltd01.v3o you need to mark it differently because it can't have two filenames the same, I use a "t" added to rectify that.. fordltd01t.v3o

3. load the editor goto modifications menu and load the mod.... then goto modifications and look for "unpack file" find the v3o you renamed the dds into "fordltd01t.v3o" and unpack the file.

4. exit the editor, rename the file "fordltd01t.v3o" to "fordltd01.dds"

5. use a dds converter to convert the DDS file to a common format your paint application can read, which is now readable since it was unpacked

I can't make the instructions any simpler

look up hoopah's adding vehicles tutorial it explains all you must do to add a new vehicle, though it will NOT return to the Hosptial without modifying the script pretty badly since the script is meant for the original ambulance only.

alright, I added another truck to Mods/Prototypes/01 Ambulance and then packed the files in the editor, but even when i re-loaded the mod, it didn't show up in Prototypes(Scene) so can you guys help me out?

The adding vehicles tutorial explains.. you have to add commands to said prototype, the doors that it will have gotta be added, then it has to be added to the game via the xml files.... It isnt as simple as just make a model and a prototype if you want to use it in more than just the editor.

In my computer in the dds files, doesn't appear with that name. For example, it's writed uscg_boat and not uscg_boat.dds so for change the name I write .V30 in the file name, and not replace .dds to .V30. So I going to editor, load modification and unpack file it only appears the real .V30 file and not the dds, so it doesn't work and I can't edit the file. What is what I do wrong?

Press F-10 to display the menu at the top of the windows explorer...

Tools menu find Folder Options

Scroll through the list and find the checkbox that says

"hide extensions for known file types"

Uncheck this and press OK

now you can alter the extensions, it is a Vista/7 feature to try to prevent users from breaking their files.

It may have been added on XP I honestly don't remember I customize all my OS' so they look like 98SE How I miss that operating system... I believe it was a feature of XP as well though too.

Press F-10 to display the menu at the top of the windows explorer...

Tools menu find Folder Options

Scroll through the list and find the checkbox that says

"hide extensions for known file types"

Uncheck this and press OK

now you can alter the extensions, it is a Vista/7 feature to try to prevent users from breaking their files.

I've done it but the dds file still doen't appear in Editor and the file isn't named uscg_boat.dds,is called uscg_boat, so I can't change the name.