MarcusBenson

Twin Cities Mod

I want to make a Mod for Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN. I will do the research for photos, etc, but I have no idea how to do any of the modding. Anyone interested in helping, please respond here on the forum.

If you want to start a mod and have a team, you should learn to do something. Learn to do something like modeling or mapping or whatever, and show something. People will only join if you have something to show and know that this mod is going somewhere and know that they are not just making a mod for you. People will make a mod with you, but not for you. No offense to anybody, but in my opinion, being a researcher for a mod is nothing. Anybody could research a city, if you want a team you will have to do more than that,

i got a feeling a lot of people made accounts just to tell people to make them a mod *sigh*

I didn't create an account to "tell" anyone to make "me" a mod. I created the account to see in anyone was interested in helping out. I don't know how to do the modding, people here do. So, I will make an effort to learn how to do something so that I can then enlist the help of other people for other portions. I am sure that there are some that want all the work done for them. As I said in my original post, I was requesting people for a mod. As njboy suggested, however, I should learn some of the skill needed to work on it myself and that I will. Thanks for the implication that I am one of a group of free loaders.

Is there a program that I can download for mapping for a mod, or do I have to use the editor? Also, for modeling, if I develop a picture of what I want as a .png, .jpg, etc., is there software to make that into a 3D model? Lastly, can anyone tell me how to develop a lightbar? I have a lightbar concept, I just need help making it.

There is no program i am aware of the could convert a static image to a model. If you want models why dont you try to model them yourself? Download zmodler and have a play around with it. Modeling is not a skill you learn over night so find some tutorials and such to improve your skills. If you do decide to try to model just remember to share your work with the community, feedback is your greatest tool.

Guys back off...

Heres what you need for modding Emergency 4/911FR.

Voodoo does a great job there.

After you read that, look at all the tutorial availble Here: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/tutorials/category/1-english/

I learned everything about modding from here and I'm currently working on my mod behind the scenes. It will take a lot of time and patience, but after a lot of work, it all becomes easy, just time consuming.

ZModeler2

GIMP

Photoshop

Alright I know that no one will pop up and make you a mod. So you will want to take some tutorials: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/tutorials/category/1-english/ and then do your best with modding. And a tip, even if you don't get a full mod finished I would release what you have because one thing that pisses people off around here is a closed mod. You might want to also move this topic to the 'Modding and Modding Help" section until you get going.

And it seems I made an account to keep the peace... And look it's this one.

How about we just drop it before it becomes an issue. We can all point fingers, but here's the thing, every time you point a finger at someone else, you've got three moderators after you. Or is it fingers points back at you? Ehh, who cares. Let's just all play nicely with eachother, and no one will end up in trouble. Okay? Okay :)

I've been hoping that someone would give some thought on making a twin cities mod. I would be happy to join, but I don't have any knowledge on making mods nor any spare time to contribute.