theocd

LA Noire

I got it Tuesday and I gotta say, great game so far.

Huuuuuge map, and a crapload of (licensed!) cars from the 40s.

For those wondering, the standard police cruiser is a late-40s Ford which looks a lot like this one:

http://policecarwebsite.net/fc/capdcars/lapd334.jpg

But early in the game, you get to drive various unmarked detective cars. So far I've driven a Buick and a Nash.

As far as emergency vehicles are concerned, there's also an LAPD Studebaker driven by the crime scene photographer, a paddy wagon, a Chevy coroner's van, two models of ambulances, and an American LaFrance LAFD engine.

I am installing this game right now and am looking forward to playing it. I must say though that it was kind of surprising finding the second rock star game in a row with PS3 exclusive content.I'm not complaining, I just wonder why they're doing it. Maybe they have a deal with sony or something?

does anyone else have the freezing/overheating issue with this game?

scratch that, I thought I was having the freezing problem associated with L.A. Noire, but I ran several other games on my PS3, including Red Dead Redemption, all of which I ran into similar problems with, so clearly, it's my consel.

Update: I just sent requests to both rockstar and playstation support departments. It'll be interesting to see if they both say it's not their fault. I know it is because they're the only two things that changed before the problem started.

does anyone else have the freezing/overheating issue with this game?

scratch that, I thought I was having the freezing problem associated with L.A. Noire, but I ran several other games on my PS3, including Red Dead Redemption, all of which I ran into similar problems with, so clearly, it's my consel.

I had that same problem last fall with my original 'fat' PS3. I ended up having to get one of the new 'slim' ones. I had had it for about 3 years until that happened.

I'm thinking it has to be something with L.A. Noire or the new firmware, cause my "fat" ps3 and alot of other "fat ps3 are having this problem. The best part of this is that both Sony and Rockstar's answers when email for support is to send you to a press release that says it's not their fault.

is this game with "freeplay" or only mission based?

It's combined. Its an open map with the main case going, but you respond to patrol calls at random.

You play as Cole Phelps a USMC Veteran from WWII in post-war Los Angeles (1947, I think). You start as a Patrol Man with the LAPD and when you get promoted to Detective you work through 4 desks: Traffic, Arson, Homicide and Vice. You are set cases to solve through searching for evidence, questioning witnesses and interrogating suspects. Whilst half way though cases you can answer dispatch if you want to divert from your main case and do some shooting. The game is restrictive if you compare it to GTA but its from the other side of the law, so it should be.

Hope thats enough of a hook for you.

The OC-D

I watched the trailer and I think that will be very good game, reminds me of Mafia and The Godfather. Unfortunately the game is not developed for PC.

Developed by Team Bondi in conjunction with Rockstar Games, L.A. Noire is now available for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® in North America and arrives May 20th 2011 in Europe.