groovybluedog

Is it possible to make this game work with windows 7?

Ouch. You lucking bugger. As soon as I launch my game, I get a black screen and a crash to desktop. Graphics updated.

Hmmm... you did actually buy the game, right? ;)

It didn't, erm, let's say "magically" find its way on your hard drive without any payment, now, did it?

Just checking. We get a lot of people claiming that their game has crashes or other issues, only to find out that the game was obtained by illegal means - in which case we do not provide any support.

Hmmm... you did actually buy the game, right? ;)

It didn't, erm, let's say "magically" find its way on your hard drive without any payment, now, did it?

Just checking. We get a lot of people claiming that their game has crashes or other issues, only to find out that the game was obtained by illegal means - in which case we do not provide any support.

I brought the files from a friend for £20, Thus, fully legal - and how is it even possible to get an illegal version? o.O

"Brought the files"? You mean you copied the game folder from his hard drive to yours without running the installer? And now you wonder why it doesn't work? :laugh:

When you install a program through the game installer, it doesn't just copy the files to your hard drive. It adds many entries to the Windows registry in order for the game to work properly. If you just copy the files, it usually just won't work. You'll get error messages, CTDs, or both. That's why you need to use the installer.

Besides, paying your friend doesn't make it legal at all. Instead you just paid for an illegal copy (see it as buying stolen goods instead of obtaining them for free - it's still a crime in the eyes of the law). The only legal way to buy software from other people is buying the physical game disk from that person (and then that person can't use the game anymore because you've got the disk now). Otherwise, one of you is automatically using an illegal copy. If that person has a digital copy of the game, there is no way you can legally "buy" the files from them. I'd try getting that £20 back if I were you.

So I'm sorry, but we won't be able to help you. You have to either purchase the game disk, or purchase the game online through digital download, and perform a standard installation.

Oh ok... that's a whole different story then, sorry for thinking/implying it was theft and thanks for clearing that up.

So if you litterally purchased his account, you should have his credentials (i.e. username and password) ? How about trying to login and download the product again? Let's see if it works then. Maybe something got corrupted/lost in the exe you received, or the program's security is acting up (they sometimes monitor the number of times a game is installed and/or on how many different systems). A clean install with clean fresh files can't hurt anyway (I just hope you have enough bandwidth to sustain it).

Otherwise, I don't know... try contacting their technical support, maybe?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I own the account. I have downloaded the game again and the same happens. I have unlimited bandwidth. I have contacted support but they are slow to respond, plus I bet you they will recommend reinstalling the game, updating graphics, ect, which has already been done. The reason I seek support here, is because someone may have had this issue and can share their fix faster than support can.

Downgrade your video card drivers, it is possible that the current version of your drivers support something the game doesnt.. If you have codec packs installed, some of them will interfere with the game running without a DX diag and Logfile we can't even begin to guess wtf is wrong.

"Brought the files"? You mean you copied the game folder from his hard drive to yours without running the installer? And now you wonder why it doesn't work? :laugh:

When you install a program through the game installer, it doesn't just copy the files to your hard drive. It adds many entries to the Windows registry in order for the game to work properly. If you just copy the files, it usually just won't work. You'll get error messages, CTDs, or both. That's why you need to use the installer.

Besides, paying your friend doesn't make it legal at all. Instead you just paid for an illegal copy (see it as buying stolen goods instead of obtaining them for free - it's still a crime in the eyes of the law). The only legal way to buy software from other people is buying the physical game disk from that person (and then that person can't use the game anymore because you've got the disk now). Otherwise, one of you is automatically using an illegal copy. If that person has a digital copy of the game, there is no way you can legally "buy" the files from them. I'd try getting that £20 back if I were you.

So I'm sorry, but we won't be able to help you. You have to either purchase the game disk, or purchase the game online through digital download, and perform a standard installation.

I can run my version without the disk in the computer. So I dont know what you mean? Maybe its just your computer