Engine14

Emergency 4 Problem

Greetings one and all in 2011. This issue may already have been addressed, so I hope that I am not repeating anything. I purchased a 'combo-pack' of Emergency 3 and 4 from Ebay,about two months ago, and they are the official games from Sixteen Tons Entertainment. I downloaded the LA-Mod Accessories for both versions of the game, and played them without any problems - until recently (say, in the last week). About 2 or 3 days ago, I got this message on my monitor:

Microsoft has detected a problem with <TODO> (Game Name), and needs to be corrected. Send an Error Report to Microsoft?

I didn't know what "<TODO>" was, so I said "YES" to the Error Report. Nothing seemed to be amiss, so I started up my Emergency 4 game. It appeared to load alright, but when the main screen came up with that controller on the screen, all the window icons which allow me access to Modifications, Saved Games, Options, etc. were "shaky" and in the upper left corner, there was a notation of Frame Rates, and this was a series of numbers constantly changing. Each of the icon windows had the words, "I.D. Static" imposed on each of the functions. I then clicked on "QUIT," and the game disappeared. It was replaced with a blue screen with all sorts of writing, but the main words were, "MICROSOFT HAS DETECTED A SERIOUS ERROR AND WINDOWS IS SHUTTING DOWN TO AVOID DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER." The screen gave instructions to shut down and restart the computer, which I did, and then the message would read, "The system has recovered from a serious error." I then attempted to restart Emergency 4, and received the same picture as described earlier, and the same warning message from Microsoft. I then REMOVED both games and am writing on this forum for advice, assitance, and/or answers to this problem. Thank you.

"MICROSOFT HAS DETECTED A SERIOUS ERROR AND WINDOWS IS SHUTTING DOWN TO AVOID DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER."

These are the least important words on a blue screen(BSoD/blue screen of death). Next time look for something like IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQAL or something like 0x000000.

Anyways make sure your video card drivers are up to date and try to reinstall. And this:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/forum-42/announcement-4-read-before-requesting-assistance/

Thank you for your assistance in my recent problems with Emergency 4. I uninstalled both versions complelely and then reinstalled them clicking on the option of installing the "Direct X" drivers (I hope that's what they were) and have started playing the simulations once again. No problems, error messages, or 'blue screen of death' have occured. As to updating the computer, this I am waiting on for a little better clarification. My computer is just over 2 years old, and is used 80% for gaming and 20% for all other functions. When ordered, I specified all the latest game-playing video and audio functions - so I am a little "shy" of downloading additional drivers or other accessories unless I know that such additions will not cause further problems. I will do some research and keep you posted. Thank you again.

Thank you for your assistance in my recent problems with Emergency 4. I uninstalled both versions complelely and then reinstalled them clicking on the option of installing the "Direct X" drivers (I hope that's what they were)

Nope, these are not the drivers referenced at all.

As to updating the computer, this I am waiting on for a little better clarification. My computer is just over 2 years old, and is used 80% for gaming and 20% for all other functions. When ordered, I specified all the latest game-playing video and audio functions - so I am a little "shy" of downloading additional drivers or other accessories unless I know that such additions will not cause further problems. I will do some research and keep you posted. Thank you again.

The problem is we know nothing about your computer because you didnt bother to tell us in the OP or provide the requested information I referenced earlier.

Generally speaking though, if your getting a BSoD, something is wrong with your hardware. It's not about the game.

As for updating your drivers, we cant be of more assistance other then telling you to go to(most likley) the Nvidia or ATI website. However it may be possible you have an Intel graphics chip in which case you have to go to the intel website. These are low end parts but it wouldnt be the first time some one has referenced them as high end because some idiot tech in a local PC store that doesnt know his @$$ from his elbow has blown way out of proportion.

If things are going fine, then enjoy, but if the issues occur again, try providing us with the request information so we are able to put the guessing game aside and provide properly informed responses.

Well lets see:

- Upload your logfile (Right after a crash)

- Upload your DXDIAG information

And you might get more precise help but I don't think this will since, as Xplorer already stated, BSOD's are due to hardware failures.

You can find more information about your BSOD by right clciking on my computer, then manage, and then check the books. If you need assistance post us the given information.

I had a notebook that occasionally got the blue screen o' death from overheating on the Graphics accelerator, unfortunately no info on the comp so we can't really even gauage... But if the fans can't cool the thing it'll Blue screen ya or just flat out reboot, worst case shut it's self off completely... My current one was sitting on the bed, it shut it's self off to protect it's self....