frankie1988

Dramatic footage: Helicopter rescue of man from sinking boat in Croatia

A 56-year-old Croatian man was rescued from his sinking boat on Monday, seconds before it was dragged under the waters of River Sava in Zagreb. After many hours of trying to tow Ivan Plevnik and his boat to safety, emergency officials had to winch a rescuer down from a helicopter, when the boat began to sink.

and police video

I ment why did it get stuck? Lol no worries.

the guy wanted to save boat, because of the flooding which came througth river from Slovenia, he thougth he will sucside to save boat if he is on it, and when flooding came there was no way out for him,.... he couldunt manouver on the river and the current was too strong, so he couldunt turn over the boat The boat was anchored in wrong direction. He turned the bow? upstream! and thats why it sunked,.. he was very lucky, it was a last secund rescue,..

Probably a Bell 212. They're based on the famous Huey, yes.

That's the kind of thing you only see in the movies, the daring last minute rescue. What a rush that must have been for the rescuer, being pulled off the boat just as it went down! Nice flying by the pilot there, takes some skills to put that rescuer on that boat without a winch.

Probably a Bell 212. They're based on the famous Huey, yes.

That's the kind of thing you only see in the movies, the daring last minute rescue. What a rush that must have been for the rescuer, being pulled off the boat just as it went down! Nice flying by the pilot there, takes some skills to put that rescuer on that boat without a winch.

yes you are right it is Bell AB-212. the rescuers are actualy Croatian special police elite antiterrorist unit Lu?ko (ATJ Lu?ko) they are like ESU, trained in every type of rescuing, or infiltration .. including diving, paraschuting, alpinism,.. it was a very risky rescue because ther was blowing strong wind,.. and the current in the water was also strong,..

Not really, a guy almost died, and he lost his boat. You probably dont know how much such one costs and that it could have been his home?

Do you think I like the people die and lost their stuf? I say is awesome or impressive, I´m not really good in English so I don´t know what are in this language the 'apropiate' words to say it, how the the ship sank. So please...

Do you think I like the people die and lost their stuf? I say is awesome or impressive, I´m not really good in English so I don´t know what are in this language the 'apropiate' words to say it, how the the ship sank. So please...

Alright well, I misunderstood your sentence then. I appologize. I just really don't like the type of people having fun over other peoples accidents (which I thought you did but you proved me otherwise) :)