heyjoojoo

Sirens

Summary:

For those of you who enjoy playing this game and using all the mods created by many other cool people on this forum. People have asked for me to recreate the sirens adding realistic sounds to accompany the wails, yelps, and so forth. The LAFD sirens include horn blasts and reving engine sounds to make the sounds more believable therefore a more emersed experience.

How to install it

The files need to be copied into the Mod/Los Angeles Mod v2.0/Audio/Fx/sirens folder. It will overwrite the other files. Or you can simply just remove the original files, back them up and add the new ones. That's it.

Note: The files are compressed using the standard Windows Compression program. You just need to unzip them.

DOWNLOAD AREA

Sirens

Edited January 7, 2011

Siren04 is really weird, the two tone is on low battery or something.

The Siren01 file is just recorded inside a truck, I hear more friction of the wheels and other sounds than I hear sirens.

And the police siren is a driving slot machine.

Thanks but no thanks.

Siren04 is really weird, the two tone is on low battery or something.

The Siren01 file is just recorded inside a truck, I hear more friction of the wheels and other sounds than I hear sirens.

And the police siren is a driving slot machine.

Thanks but no thanks.

You fail to understand the way the intended affect was to happen. When you play the game, the player is not supposed to sound like he/she is inside the unit, hence the bird's eye view perspective during the gameplay. Therefore, I used sirens that sound like they're traveling through a downtown ambiance rather than like you're sitting inside the vehicle (since that's not what's happening during the game.).

The LAFD sirens include horn blasts and reving engine sounds to make the sounds more believable therefore a more emersed experience.

I dont quite understand how the horn blast fits in with the whole concept of emerging people in the game. :gruebel: As for engine sounds, with the lack of first person ability in the game, aside from Winterburg which does not run smooth even on my PC, I really dont think the engine sounds can really accomplish emersing people in to the game. I personally prefer my sirens to be just that, a siren. For the sake of having engine sounds and such these are good, but not really the style I prefer.

I dont quite understand how the horn blast fits in with the whole concept of emerging people in the game. :gruebel: As for engine sounds, with the lack of first person ability in the game, aside from Winterburg which does not run smooth even on my PC, I really dont think the engine sounds can really accomplish emersing people in to the game. I personally prefer my sirens to be just that, a siren. For the sake of having engine sounds and such these are good, but not really the style I prefer.

lol. Thanks?

I downloaded it and used them. Thanks

Thanks.

BATISAN, stop now. That's goes to everyone else as well.

It does not say they come from youtube, for all we know he could've went to the manufacturer's website, and recorded their free demos. He isn't charging, so this is a non issue. If it continues to be a public issue, I'll be taking care of it with more force.