Dyson

World in Conflict

hey,

There's not many forums as friendly as this so I wondered if anyone else has/likes/plays world in conflict? I've started modding it, and if other people play it or even mod it I'd love to speak to you about it. :)

Done some reskinning of the main units (as I'm figuring how to mod it) heres my ACU camo to replace the woddland :)

wic2010112121324912.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

World in Conflict was an amazing game. The only real complaint I ever had about the game was that the Soviet units felt so alien after playing all the way through the campaign (I would click to fire the APC's TOW but they never had them iirc).

I remember seeing half a dozen of the limited editions in the local GAME store for only £5 more than the original version - then when I finally went to buy one, they had sold them all :( Polish limited edition was the best though:

The collector's edition in Poland is different compared to collector's editions in other countries. It includes an exclusive World in Conflict wooden container, limited edition collector's box art packaging (Soviet or USA Flag), a full-sized flag of the USA or Soviet Union, an exclusive World in Conflict poster, a t-shirt and cap with the World in Conflict logo and decorations and a World in Conflict exclusive Trust Hs-2200 headset

Need to re-install this...

Good job on the reskin :) what format are the texture files in?

World in Conflict was an amazing game. The only real complaint I ever had about the game was that the Soviet units felt so alien after playing all the way through the campaign (I would click to fire the APC's TOW but they never had them iirc).

I remember seeing half a dozen of the limited editions in the local GAME store for only £5 more than the original version - then when I finally went to buy one, they had sold them all :( Polish limited edition was the best though:

Need to re-install this...

Good job on the reskin :) what format are the texture files in?

its just normal .dds :) quite complicated to find them though haha

I thought it was a spectacular game with a compelling story and a good challenge, but I was slightly disappointed by the skirmish mode, which makes or breaks a RTS for me.

I guess I got used to the "classic" RTS approach of building huge bases, gathering a crapload of ressources and then pounding on the enemy with all I've got. The WiC approach, where you couldn't build bases and, in skirmish, had to select a particular competency within your faction, didn't do it for me.

I thought it was a spectacular game with a compelling story and a good challenge, but I was slightly disappointed by the skirmish mode, which makes or breaks a RTS for me.

I guess I got used to the "classic" RTS approach of building huge bases, gathering a crapload of ressources and then pounding on the enemy with all I've got. The WiC approach, where you couldn't build bases and, in skirmish, had to select a particular competency within your faction, didn't do it for me.

I agree, this gameplay with perhaps more ae3 style approach would be the best game ever :D

There's actually a mod for C&C Generals called Cold War Crisis, which has a range of units very similar to WiC (minus the Euro-NATO side), but with C&C gameplay.

The only problem is that the AI either plays very roughly or not at all - quite a challenge to win a skirmish game with that mod in any other mode than the easiest.

There's actually a mod for C&C Generals called Cold War Crisis, which has a range of units very similar to WiC (minus the Euro-NATO side), but with C&C gameplay.

The only problem is that the AI either plays very roughly or not at all - quite a challenge to win a skirmish game with that mod in any other mode than the easiest.

I had come across this and similar mods, the only thing is, the graphics make me cringe blink.gif

So after reading this I looked it up and played the demo. Really neat game. Enjoyed the demo, but could not stand the camera controls...

I like the game from what I have tried (the demo crashes 4 out of 5 times I try it :mad22: ) I like the game and will buy it as soon as I have got a job (or won the lottery, whatever comes first) :)

I had some proyects in wic, a small mod , maps (I´m learning to map) but now waiting for modern warfare mod

yeah well it wasn't out, so thats what im working towards, replacing woodland with ACU, making the ussr more like insurgents, and altering the health and damage of each side etc :)