Xplorer4x4

Realistic Stations?

Realistic Stations?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Realistic Stations?

• Unrealistic
    • Semi-Realistic

I am just wanted to gauge feedback on just how real people want the fire stations to be in my submod.

If I were to take a more realistic approach it would mean removing the ALS Engine from FS1, which I dont see as a big problem since you have ALS Ambulances there anyways.

Unrealistic wise you would have for example, say I choose to base FS1 off Station 88. You would still have Tiller/Truck 88 but rather then using the LTI Tiller like in the mod and IRL, you would have an American La France Tiller with the LED Lightbars.

(some what)Realistic wise, if Truck 88 is in a LTI Tiller, they stay in an LTI Tiller. If the station has a BLS RA rather then USAR, you would have a BLS RA rather then a USAR. Now there would be some additional units placed at each station that might not belong there IRL. However most likley it would be reduced to 1 BC and 1 EMS Supervisor stationed on the map. The Large Rescue ambulance would remain a rescue truck despite the fact is is used for the LAFD Cycle team IRL.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean. Both the LTI and the ALF tillers are realistic. LAFD does use some old LTIs still.

Yes LTI and ALF are realistic but think about what I said in the unrealistic paragraph...T88 might end up using an ALF, but IRL there an LTI. So while both are used in LA it would be unrealistic to put T88 in an ALF tiller. So by realistic standards, if T88 is an LTI they stay in an LTI rather then switching to an ALF for a cool new model.

I feel whats currently unrealistic is the number of units at each station. Where I live generally stations have an engine and ladder, with the HQ having engine, ladder, BC, and sometimes a special unit. Essentially I feel basing it off of stations from areas such as Boston or NYC, having fewer units per station and mroe stations would be realistic. Therefore I am abstaining my vote.

I understand what you mean sax, I can do you one better. Here, every station but 2 are single engine houses. Although Single engine house might not be the best term as theres about 4 stations housing just a quint. 2 Stations have a engine,ladder and rescue. One of those two have a brush truck used to pull the departments rescue boat.

However, the number of units at station 1 is not unrealistic as it is(going off my first submod). I decided to base FS1 off of LAFD Station 88. There are 27 front line apertures at 88. Now keep in mind that account for a water tender, several bulldozers, dozer tenders, and dump trucks. As for FS2, its about 2 units over the limit if you dont count the cycle team trailer and SWR Trailer.

But yes I am looking in to reducing units to some extent.

Ok now if I do semi-realistic, which seems to be the popular choice by car, and I keep things as planned, there will be a Division Chief @ FS1 and no Battalion Chief @ FS2. Problem with this is the Division Chief. The DC would only be called to a fire once you have 4 engine companies and 1 BC on scene and would respond in addition to a second BC if my understanding is correct. So obviously in game play that would be almost never as usually 1 or 2 light forces can handle most fires.

So heres the problem, should the DC just be a BC reskin or should the DC have some sort of special ability? If he just has special commands what commands could he have?

I am just wanted to gauge feedback on just how real people want the fire stations to be in my submod. If I were to take a more realistic approach it would mean removing the ALS Engine from FS1, which I dont see as a big problem since you have ALS Ambulances there anyways. Unrealistic wise you would have for example, say I choose to base FS1 off Station 88. You would still have Tiller/Truck 88 but rather then using the LTI Tiller like in the mod and IRL, you would have an American La France Tiller with the LED Lightbars.(some what)Realistic wise, if Truck 88 is in a LTI Tiller, they stay in an LTI Tiller. If the station has a BLS RA rather then USAR, you would have a BLS RA rather then a USAR. Now there would be some additional units placed at each station that might not belong there IRL. However most likley it would be reduced to 1 BC and 1 EMS Supervisor stationed on the map. The Large Rescue ambulance would remain a rescue truck despite the fact is is used for the LAFD Cycle team IRL.

The La France Tiller with LED lights would be nice, but is it replacing the one at FS1? Also, if your going semi-realistic what about the quint, and usar 88 you made in previous polls where would they go?

I think the DC should be parked at FS1 because that seems to be the HQ, they can have special commands though I REALLY can't think of any. And, as usual, FS2 is just the mini branch for anything random that occurs there. Although I am slightly confused, what do you plan on placing at FS2?

Edit:

http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/Fire-EMS/LA/LAFD/FireStations/FS9/T9/CanyonIC-ColonySPG-Bank-226.jpg.html

That the American La France your talking about?

Hey Pyro, as far as realism goes, I am sticky referring to units only. I have changed anything in regards to how quick or slow fire spreads.(You mentioned that before you edited :P)

As for the quint, I cant promise it will function as a quint, however, its nearly done last time I got an update. It will be going in FS2, and thats part of the reason I said semi-realistic rather then as realistic as possible.

As for the USAR from the poll, depends on the station. If I use station 3,5 or 88 then the new USAR will be in FS1, if I choose to base FS1 off of 27,85 or 89, then the original USAR would go in with the new USAR possibly being an off the map unit.

However, my point in regards to the USAR/BLS thing was, if I can explain it better, say I used LAFD station 28(random example) as my base for FS1 in game. 28 has a Assessment Light Force, BLS RA, and Brush Patrol. So in game you would have a an ALS Engine, Tiller, BLS Ambulance and a Brush Patrol inside the station. Dont worry I wouldnt use 28 in game as there would only be one ALS Rescue ambulance left(RA51). Now if I do it semi-realistic if Truck 28 is an LTI Tiller IRL, I would use an LTI Tiller(the one in the game already), now if I do unrealistic, I would still use the units from station 28 but instead of the LTI Tiller, I might swap it our for a shiny new American La France Tiller and call that Truck 28. Aslo with unrealistic I might throw a USAR in the station with those units listed.

Either way there still may be a few units that do not belong at that station. Again why I called it semi-realistic.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit more. If your still confused just ask, I just happen to time up the first post late at night, and same with this one.

EDIT:

Although I am slightly confused, what do you plan on placing at FS2?

Lets just say its pretty much a lock that there will be an Assessment Light Force(Ladder and ALS Engine) at the least, and the BLS is pretty much certain to.

And yes that is the type of tiller I was referring to.

Hey Pyro, as far as realism goes, I am sticky referring to units only. I have changed anything in regards to how quick or slow fire spreads.(You mentioned that before you edited :P)

As for the quint, I cant promise it will function as a quint, however, its nearly done last time I got an update. It will be going in FS2, and thats part of the reason I said semi-realistic rather then as realistic as possible.

As for the USAR from the poll, depends on the station. If I use station 3,5 or 88 then the new USAR will be in FS1, if I choose to base FS1 off of 27,85 or 89, then the original USAR would go in with the new USAR possibly being an off the map unit.

However, my point in regards to the USAR/BLS thing was, if I can explain it better, say I used LAFD station 28(random example) as my base for FS1 in game. 28 has a Assessment Light Force, BLS RA, and Brush Patrol. So in game you would have a an ALS Engine, Tiller, BLS Ambulance and a Brush Patrol inside the station. Dont worry I wouldnt use 28 in game as there would only be one ALS Rescue ambulance left(RA51). Now if I do it semi-realistic if Truck 28 is an LTI Tiller IRL, I would use an LTI Tiller(the one in the game already), now if I do unrealistic, I would still use the units from station 28 but instead of the LTI Tiller, I might swap it our for a shiny new American La France Tiller and call that Truck 28. Aslo with unrealistic I might throw a USAR in the station with those units listed.

Either way there still may be a few units that do not belong at that station. Again why I called it semi-realistic.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit more. If your still confused just ask, I just happen to time up the first post late at night, and same with this one.

EDIT:

Lets just say its pretty much a lock that there will be an Assessment Light Force(Ladder and ALS Engine) at the least, and the BLS is pretty much certain to.

And yes that is the type of tiller I was referring to.

You caught me, but much better. I noticed in 2.0 fires spread more rapidly then they did from 1.9 which is good and bad. I like realism I just don't want to respond from half way across the map and find a single house fire is now a multiple house fire. In the same token I hate responding to a house fire only to arrive and it looks like I could use a garden hose to put it out. I just figured if something important was removed from FS1 you'd be in a bad pickle if something happened around FS2 station. But ... since you fixed the fire issue I'm good. I do like your realism aspect though, and understand a lot better. I kind of find myself leaning towards the shiny new American La France then again new and shiny tend to attract me. Anyway what ever YOU do decide I'll be pleased with your work usually turns out amazing anyway. Not to mention were never really going to get 100% realism, close though.

and then I was like :mellow::ohm:):P

lol, well keep in mind this is w00ds map, so the fires werent made to spread faster like in 2.0, although i never noticed that myself.

Besides like I said there may still be extra units at each station. So even if you do not have a USAR @ FS1 for Jaws the Heavy Rescue Crane will still be there so you you can use that for Jaws. I seem to recall that they usually respond for major TCs anyways but perhaps I remember wrong. So yeah it wouldnt exactly be realistic to send it to a one car MVA, but again its hard to achieve 100% realism anyways. Also the off the map units spawn near FS2 anyways so even if your Assessment Light Force is out of station it wont take long to call an off the map units.