slovenc

Blueprints

Blueprints are really hard to find ( for me at least ) contact the company the makes the vehicle and ask them If you can get them in a pdf format. Or google blueprints, and it should give you some websites.

me again

i send an email to Mercedes Benz and tohttp://www.the-blueprints.com/ for about 1 week ago and didnt get their reply.I relly dont know where to find that blueprints please help

go to your local fd take some photos of every side of the vehicles, then u got also photo-realistic textures

So why do i need any blueprints if i can just go FD and take some pictures? I mean, if pictures were enouhg, then you wouldn't even need blueprints. it doesn't make sense to me...

You dont. You can go off one or the other but first of all blueprints may not be 100% accurate. Let take LA for example, firstly Pierce custom builds there engines using designs provided by LAFD. So in this case blueprints may not be exactly the same as the standard Pierce Arrow XT(assumption). Now its also possible that the department has made after market customizations. Using LA and Pierce as an example, notice the steel box above the hose bed in this picture?

20090830-StationFire-LAFD-Engines-004

Pierce does not deliver the engines with these boxes. LAFD uses these to store things like sleeping bags and such that may come in handy during times when there working brush fires for days at a time.

Now besides that, which is in part speculation, with real photos, it can aid in making the skin of the units more realistic.

OK maybe i will go and take some pictures.But first if i will find any blueprin in which format i need them as bitmaps(jpg/png/gif) or as vector drawings(ai/eps/pdf)? And if i will go to FD and take some pictures i have to take pictures of vehicle of all sides right? Even from above?!

Thanks for your help!

Okay now im really confused.Here it says that SketchUp is good in making the 3D models and on the other page is Zmodeler 2.

Which program do you use?

Here where? Anyways it doesnt matter. Sketch up works but its not a good idea because in the end your going to have a very high polygon model, and have to take forever to merge the polygons, where as if you take the time to learn zmodeler 2 you can make your model and place it directly in game with no problems.