Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Yeah, why not? It's not like it's mega easy to do ;)

To distinguish them from the other officers, I've seen a few pics of NYPD auxiliary in white, so thought it was a good idea, else from game height you cant see the difference..

You plan on crediting them then, don't you? Otherwise, you'd just be stealing their models and calling them your own.

You plan on crediting them then, don't you? Otherwise, you'd just be stealing their models and calling them your own.

We've credited them, along with everyone else we owe credit in the first post, and will be in the readme.

But yeah guys this is where we are at right now, I saw a pretty cool fire errupting on freeplay so I got fraps up and filmed it, so everything you see is just pure un-edited gameplay :)

Oh and one more thing, check out the unit icons ;) thats what the final ones will look like (except the PD menu ones we haven't done them yet) and even the unit icons bottom right ;)

WHAT?! COOL! Put Niko in there though.... he'll probably shoot the paramedics though lol

Paramedics only? He'll shoot nurses, patients, police that comes, SWAT, a news chopper, some pedestrian...

The new updates looks great guys, great job :12:

Well yeah that's the plan :) I hope from the video you can see just how far we've come, that map is completely from scratch with around 80% of map buildings being new to em4, so yeah plenty of new stuff, you can watch it a few times and still notice new stuff ;) just a shame that the fire happened in upper west because upper east had just been re-textured and looking sweet.

I know it's still work in progress so are you planning to do some street with more realistic pedestrians, not all the streets but mains, and everyday scenes, like people discharging vans, people selling newspapers, sweepers, in the most concurred streets or business areas more people with suit and ties... (I don't know if all are posible).

I like your maps and the updates. I may be the lone voice here, but I say don't release without the tower ladder. Take the time that you need to work out whatever you need to do, but IMO, as many people are waiting for that as are waiting for the new maps etc. Another couple of months won't hurt. We can wait.......BF3, MW3 are both right around the corner. I say take your time and do it right.

Just a question, but I was wondering about the physics of fire in this game. I was noticing in the video that the contents of the room will burn (couches, furniture, debris, etc..) but the actual room itself never catches fire. I was wondering if this would be too hard to change. When we pull up to two rooms off, everything in the room is burning. The drywall, ceilings, everything. It is floor to ceiling fire. we may make a knock with a master stream, and then mop up, depending on the conditions. Is something like this doable in this game, given the current scripts? My one gripe about the interior fires in this game is that they never grow. I could have a couch fire, and it would stay a couch fire for 20 minutes. If I don't fight an exterior fire, they will grow and spread, and I will be in trouble, but the interior fires never ever spread in this game. I understand that the freeplay scripting is limited, but I was wondering if a change in this area was possible. Thanks.

I like your maps and the updates. I may be the lone voice here, but I say don't release without the tower ladder. Take the time that you need to work out whatever you need to do, but IMO, as many people are waiting for that as are waiting for the new maps etc. Another couple of months won't hurt. We can wait.......BF3, MW3 are both right around the corner. I say take your time and do it right.

Just a question, but I was wondering about the physics of fire in this game. I was noticing in the video that the contents of the room will burn (couches, furniture, debris, etc..) but the actual room itself never catches fire. I was wondering if this would be too hard to change. When we pull up to two rooms off, everything in the room is burning. The drywall, ceilings, everything. It is floor to ceiling fire. we may make a knock with a master stream, and then mop up, depending on the conditions. Is something like this doable in this game, given the current scripts? My one gripe about the interior fires in this game is that they never grow. I could have a couch fire, and it would stay a couch fire for 20 minutes. If I don't fight an exterior fire, they will grow and spread, and I will be in trouble, but the interior fires never ever spread in this game. I understand that the freeplay scripting is limited, but I was wondering if a change in this area was possible. Thanks.

Hey man, the functional tower ladder will come in a patch soon after release but since we dont have a current scripter with that expirience to do the animation scripts we cant really estimate how long it willtake. Ive already preordered bf3 and cant wait to play it ! Haha but anyways about the fires its about the fireobjects you make with the building prototype. Me and dyson are going to take time making very detailed fires and fireobjects for the new custom buildings ;) ive also just finished the open house precinct, it includes: chiefs office, a nypd lounging discussion room and a lobby with functional stairs. After discovering this Im going to expirement with incorporating realistic Highrise fires where units will have to grab highrise packs go through the lobby and UP THE STAIRS 6 floors to an apartment or two! ;) its just an idea and its possible so im going to figure that out for our next open house :) and next is the Hospital openhouse ;)