Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

NEVER redirect, and if you halt cars then it's all fine, there should be no jams, I mean if you hold them up for like an hour and the entire map becomes grid locked, maybe. But other than that once you allow traffic to flow again the trafiic sorts itself out again real quick :)

With unmovable traffic, I've found if you Damage a few of the cars (Shoot them) Then remove them using the recovery trucks, It gets the traffic moving again

i had some jams after people ran into tge streets and waited there.... BUT ... i found the perfect units to solve these jams -> NYPD Auxiliary units!!!! :D

from now on they're my favourites! ^^

just sent those prople away and everything was rolling fine again!

ohhhh... and Dyson... don't get this as a call to reduce the count of civis! you know my opinion, put as much as possible, it's NEW YORK ;)

greetz

(null)

Who cares. If NASA plans to launch a rocket and the weather turns bad they scrub the launch and move it to another day. Is a week or two really going to kill you? haha

Its not abont NASA wrong topic.

Itll be released when its released, just sit patiently or go sing Christmas carols at the local church in the meantime. Itll be released when its fixed, im sure you'd rather wait a few weeks for a stable version than it come out today with 1,000,001 bugs.

First up.

1,000,001 bugs? You're joking right? People are trying to pick this mod apart, even as picky as 'oh that door has opened inwards'. I'd like to say there are no fatal crashes (except one which has only been reported by one tester on one occurrence. The mod is very stable, everything works, and does what it's supposed to. Sure there are one or two issues where a building physics are a bit screwed up. But you're giving the impression that this is some half arsed mod, that is full of bugs and is barely playable.

Secondly, lets all grow up yeah? Not playing mod, but my topic, surely I can enforce it. The NASA metaphor really summed up our situation, yet it started yet another argument.

And thirdly, the release date has changed yeah, atleast you have had one, people have been worshiping the original NY mods every move based off a few videos and photos. Sure they outrank anything we've achieved but doesn't mean you should treat us any differenty. Up until November we wrre essentially a 2 man team. Everything has come together as planned, most bugs have been fixed. And if I do say so myself... I like it.

That is all.

with 1,000,001 i was being sarcastic....just to show there are still bugs that need fixing

Yeah, sarcasm, that's a really great way to motivate unpaid modders to do even more work, considering the massive amount of time they've poured into this. </sarcasm> :D

(technically you weren't being sarcastic, you were exaggerating - there's a subtle difference)

Props to you Dyson/MM team - you're doing a great job, keep it up! :)

Hey Dyson and Raf,

Mod is really looking good from screenshots and your website. I was wondering about the paths set up for police cars to patrol....

It seems like in the LA Mod, there are 3 paths. 1 path covers the entire western 1/2 of the map (around FS1 and right by police station), another path covers the entire northeastern portion of the map (north of the walmart and south of hospital) and the 3rd path covers the entire southeastern part (around FS2 and southern gas station and neighborhoods). Maybe it's just me, but I liked that setup alot because I could almost look at police patrols divided into 3 sectors.

Was just curious to see if you have paths setup the same way for NYPD to use? I know it's a new map, which is awesome in and of itself...

Of course, if you don't have the patrol function available then this question is null.

Thanks and good luck putting the finishing touches on the mod. I hope people aren't totally bent out of shape about the mod being a little later than excepted. I for one, would rather have a working mod than a semi-finished mod. Have a good weekend folks!

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Patrol command, Causes nothing but problems (For me anyways) Traffic jams all over the place.

Looking forward to the release, Glad you've decided to Delay the release rather than released a non perfect mod :)