Xplorer4x4

USAR 85 or USAR 88

USAR 88 simply because USAR 85 or whatever looks too much like the truck already in the game! Is this what you need a modeler for? :gruebel:

USman :prop:

85 is the base for the model in the game already. There the same truck so to speak.

And no this isnt what I needed a modeler for originally. 88 is the same truck as the Hazmat truck from the game minus some small differences. Hazmat does not have a Q mounted on the bumper, USAR does. USAR has a double rear axle and the Hazmat is a single axle. Theres some other small differences, like Hazmat has a ladder in the rear middle of the truck. USAR has it on the rear left side rather then rear center. My main concern here in terms of modeling will just be adding an extra wheel well to accommodate a second axle/set of tires.

hey, you also gone add the 'sunscreen' on the new rig??

I like the new one because its more like the other units red :P

Guest dm155

I would say USAR 85, and the main reason is USAR 88 looks way too much like the Haz-Mat truck. But thruthfully either way I would be satisfied.

hey, you also gone add the 'sunscreen' on the new rig??

Nope.

I would say USAR 85, and the main reason is USAR 88 looks way too much like the Haz-Mat truck. But thruthfully either way I would be satisfied.

88 will have big white lettering on the front, side, and rear, and also the USAR truck will have a dual rear axle. I understand your concern but I feel it should be easy enough to distinguish the hazmat and USAR. Plus the USAR truck is bound to get far far more use then the Hazmat truck. I have played hours on hours of the LA Mod and this submod and still find that hazmat incidents are very very very rare. Plus Its unlikely USAR and Hazmat will be on scene at one time.

I am looking forward to seeing this model in the game! What verson will it be in, ur next release? Or will I just have to wait and see?

USman :prop:

That is actually a picture of the old HAZMAT rigs. 70s moved over to 87s. LAFD now uses Pierce squads for USAR and HAZMAT.

That's the reason the mod contains the (older?) USAR 88. Pic: http://www.code2high...lafd_usar88.jpg

That is a pic of the old USAR 88, but the unit in the LA mod is USAR 85 (same as the tiller).

That is actually a picture of the old HAZMAT rigs. 70s moved over to 87s. LAFD now uses Pierce squads for USAR and HAZMAT.

That is a pic of the old USAR 88, but the unit in the LA mod is USAR 85 (same as the tiller).

Billy knows his Division 3 stuff, as do I because I live in div 3 ;)

85's is what most up-to-date fire stations now, would have as a reserve rig, 88's is better not only becuase its much newer(and beastier looking), but 88's is also Div 3's HQ, lol

Billy knows his Division 3 stuff, as do I because I live in div 3 ;)

85's is what most up-to-date fire stations now, would have as a reserve rig, 88's is better not only becuase its much newer(and beastier looking), but 88's is also Div 3's HQ, lol

Not to mention 88s in the only USAR staffed 24/7 in the city, so it makes sense that they would have a newer rig.

LAFD only purchased three of the new USAR rigs (3, 5, 88). I think the old rigs (27, 85, 89) are from 1999, so they're due for an upgrade.

I like the idea of USAR 88, but I think it should replace the HAZMAT truck in Station 2. It can have the same commands as the HAZMAT truck, but the equipment and stuff of a USAR. ;)

FYI, there really shouldnt be a USAR or HAZMAT squad at FS2 because LAFD houses all of those units at stations that have a full task force. What really should go there is the EMS captain and/or a brush patrol in place of the squad.