swatlord

911 call center

So, many of you know of Heyjoojoo's addition to LA Mod, the enhanced supervisor submod. I intend to take this a step further....

When I play, I feel more like a 911 dispatcher, so why can't the game behave like one as well? My intent is instead of the "supervisor" telling you what you should send or outlining specifics of what the emergency is, you would receive a 911 call and make the decision yourself. These calls can range from very concise and descriptive, to very vague and almost impossible to comprehend.

I will handle the compilation of resources and delivery, all I really need is people to do voices. I will accept any accent or gender but you MUST be able to speak English. I will need voices for callers and operators alike. Also, a level of acting will be needed as well (after all, you ARE calling to report a car that just went head-on into a pole).

You may reply here or PM me to help out. If you ARE interested, I will require a sample 911 call for consideration before being selected. You may post it here or, if you so chose, send it privately via other methods.

I'm not sure what kind of audience this will bring, but I certainly hope it will be a good crowd.

Thank you for your time

Now that I've sparked some interest, I've got a few people willing to volunteer their voices:

MusicmanDSP

Multibullets

pgfd702

Newfoundking

gamer1368

Heyjoojoo's niece (possibly)

Still on the lookout for more people. Like Heyjoojoo said, there's a LOT of events to cover

I would like to see this! is there anyway you could maybe do like a fog of war over the map also? It will really test your response skills then, but idk if you can do that.

Happy 4th! USman :prop:

I would like to see this! is there anyway you could maybe do like a fog of war over the map also? It will really test your response skills then, but idk if you can do that.

Happy 4th! USman :prop:

eh.... I think you are confused. I am editing the guy that pops up and tells you there is an emergency. It's strictly audio and video editing.

Happy 4th

Guest ENG27INE

eh.... I think you are confused. I am editing the guy that pops up and tells you there is an emergency. It's strictly audio and video editing.

Happy 4th

This would be awesome if it works as planned. :D Good luck and happy 4th.

This would be awesome if it works as planned. :D Good luck and happy 4th.

Well that's where people like you come in. I need the word spread around that I need A LOT of voices in order to make this happen. There's something like 50 total events that need voiced and it would sound crappy if the same 5 people called in EVERY emergency

that sounds like a good plan ;)

Hopefully it will turn out to be. I just need the voices. If it's a matter of sounding "stupid" in the game or whatnot, anonymity is guaranteed to anyone who requests it.

I just need people willing to lend voices

Hopefully it will turn out to be. I just need the voices. If it's a matter of sounding "stupid" in the game or whatnot, anonymity is guaranteed to anyone who requests it.

I just need people willing to lend voices

If i can help i will be one of your voices for dispatch. just let me know

If i can help i will be one of your voices for dispatch. just let me know

I've got an open PM box, experience on the 911 centre side of the calls, and I also have experience in voice acting.

GREAT! That's 2 out of I don't know how many. NFK, if you wanna get the word around to the other mods and see if they're interested that'd be great.

Now, what I need now is a sample 911 call from each of you. You can call to report whatever, creativity is KEY! You can either post it here or, if you prefer, you can PM my the file.

While that was good, unfortunately it is not what I'm looking for.

Instead of hearing a dispatch, you will hear someone that is calling 911 and reporting the emergency. I'm not sure how better to explain this.

Okay, got it. I'll send you an other file tomorrow.

So, many of you know of Heyjoojoo's addition to LA Mod, the enhanced supervisor submod. I intend to take this a step further....

When I play, I feel more like a 911 dispatcher, so why can't the game behave like one as well? My intent is instead of the "supervisor" telling you what you should send or outlining specifics of what the emergency is, you would receive a 911 call and make the decision yourself. These calls can range from very concise and descriptive, to very vague and almost impossible to comprehend.

I will handle the compilation of resources and delivery, all I really need is people to do voices. I will accept any accent or gender but you MUST be able to speak English. I will need voices for callers and operators alike. Also, a level of acting will be needed as well (after all, you ARE calling to report a car that just went head-on into a pole).

You may reply here or PM me to help out. If you ARE interested, I will require a sample 911 call for consideration before being selected. You may post it here or, if you so chose, send it privately via other methods.

I'm not sure what kind of audience this will bring, but I certainly hope it will be a good crowd.

Thank you for your time

This sounds cool. So you want civilian voices basically.

How would you assemble a call where you have a dispatcher speaking to a civilian? You would need a dispatching voice and a civilian voice simultaneously right?

This sounds cool. So you want civilian voices basically.

How would you assemble a call where you have a dispatcher speaking to a civilian? You would need a dispatching voice and a civilian voice simultaneously right?

Well, I have a couple ideas about that. I could arrange a skype or teamspeak type teleconference and do it that way

Or

I could have the dispatcher say general things. It all depends on who I can get to do voices

How about a 911 call then the dispatch example scripts:

911 Call Taker: 911 what is your emergency?

Caller: The Wal-mart on west ave. is on fire! a line or something blew!

911 Dispatcher: [sT 51 Tone],[sT 1 Tone],[EMS 1 Tone],[EMS 51 Tone] Engine 51, Truck 51, Squad 51, Engine 10, Engine 210, Car 10, Ambulance 10, Ambulance 210, Ambulance 51 Respond Emergency to the Wal-Mart Shopping Center on west ave. for reported commercial structure fire. Engine 51 will be first in

Caller: A Man is holding people hostage with a gun at the bank on 15th street

911 Dispatcher: All units in the area respond code 3 to XYZ Bank on 15th street, Man with a gun holding civilians hostage

Caller: A man just collapsed outside the burger king on West 4th

911 Call Taker: Is he breating at this time

Caller: no he is not, he looks dead

911 Call Taker: dose he have a pulse?

Caller: No!

911 Dispatcher:[sT 1 Tone], [AMR Tone] Engine 10, AMR Unit 12, EMS 10{Supervisor}, Respond Emergency to the burger king on west 4th, Man in Cardiac Arrest CPR not in progress at this time

Tell me what you think

911 Dispatcher: [sT 51 Tone],[sT 1 Tone],[EMS 1 Tone],[EMS 51 Tone] Engine 51, Truck 51, Squad 51, Engine 10, Engine 210, Car 10, Ambulance 10, Ambulance 210, Ambulance 51 Respond Emergency to the Wal-Mart Shopping Center on west ave. for reported commercial structure fire. Engine 51 will be first in

911 Dispatcher: All units in the area respond code 3 to XYZ Bank on 15th street, Man with a gun holding civilians hostage

911 Dispatcher:[sT 1 Tone], [AMR Tone] Engine 10, AMR Unit 12, EMS 10{Supervisor}, Respond Emergency to the burger king on west 4th, Man in Cardiac Arrest CPR not in progress at this time

Tell me what you think

Not bad. It seems that it will surely be a lot of work but can be done. I can get my niece who has a good voice to play a civilian. I think that there are approx 46 events. I have attached the list of events and script used for my version of the dispatcher known as the Enhanced Supervisor. Maybe it will help in your project.

Tell me what you think

THAT is what I'm looking for (except the ones I crossed out. I also want to keep away from street names and business names since the same events can happen in more than one area. I also want to keep away from EXACT units to send since everyone sends different things to different emergencies.

What I may do is just have someone simply say something to the effect of "911, what is your emergency?" and that would be it for the operator side. The rest would come from the civy's

I would do a bit more detail then that.

Caller: The Wal-mart on west ave. is on fire! a line or something blew!(whats a "line"?)

911 Call Taker: Ok can you get to the exit safely?

Caller: Ugh yeah I think so.

911 Call Taker: Ok please remain calm and move outside. We will have some one there as soon as possible.

And tbh, I think the ugh is an important factor. It makes it feel less scripted when done right.

I would do a bit more detail then that.

Caller: The Wal-mart on west ave. is on fire! a line or something blew!(whats a "line"?)

911 Call Taker: Ok can you get to the exit safely?

Caller: Ugh yeah I think so.

911 Call Taker: Ok please remain calm and move outside. We will have some one there as soon as possible.

And tbh, I think the ugh is an important factor. It makes it feel less scripted when done right.

Right, but I want to shy away from saying specific places. For ex.: the pipe at the shell station might explode, but you hear someone call for the pipe at wal-mart